Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Storage is a must for me my old macbook pro (June 2012) 9.2 has issues and so now it time for a new macbook but what to get? I need at least 1TB of HD my macbook pro had two hard drives (I replaced the optical drive).

DmbShn41

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
If storage is a must, I would go with the MacBook Pro and upgrade the hard drive after purchase. You can do better than the prices Apple charges for HD upgrades.

If you can find a way to live off of external storage, then a MacBook Air would work great depending on your needs. That is the question only you can answer:

External storage or internal storage?

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
yeah but how do you instal bootcamp on the air? Along with windows app's?

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Storage is a must for me my old macbook pro (June 2012) 9.2 has issues and so now it time for a new macbook but what to get? I need at least 1TB of HD my macbook pro had two hard drives (I replaced the optical drive).

If you need 1TB, the MacBook Pro (classic) is it. Buy the cheapest, replace the drive with a 1.5TB 9.5 mm drive, throw out the optical drive and replace it either with a small SSD drive to create your own Fusion drive, or another big hard drive.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
If you need 1TB, the MacBook Pro (classic) is it. Buy the cheapest, replace the drive with a 1.5TB 9.5 mm drive, throw out the optical drive and replace it either with a small SSD drive to create your own Fusion drive, or another big hard drive.

yeah but my main concern is the air has intel 5000 and I already have owned the macbook pro 9.2 model

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.