Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Does the mini have similar build construction to iphone 5 in terms of materials and overall design? Does it have the same durability?

Last edited by a moderator:

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Yes, very similar.
ipad-mini-and-iphone-5.jpg

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The front has the same bezel and chamfered edge, but the sides are different in that the Mini is curved more while the iPhone 5 has a flat edge with another chamfered edge. The iPhone has a two-tone back while the Mini is one color.

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
It's a great design. Mine is still caseless after owning it one month. Just like with my iPhones, I don't want to cover it up.

I'm the same way. Smart Cover on my iPad mini and just a screen protector on my iPhone 5. I love it, and I don't mind the little blemishes that come without having rear protection.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I'm the same way. Smart Cover on my iPad mini and just a screen protector on my iPhone 5. I love it, and I don't mind the little blemishes that come without having rear protection.

Can you post that iphone wallpaper?

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Yes, the slate or silver backplates match up well and the chamfered edge on the face of the iPad matches the iPhone 5 as well. A nice piece of work from Apple on both sides.

chrismacko

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2013
Yes, very similar.

Whats the iPads wallpaper? I WANT IT!

----------

Hi, I need a colorful wallpaper for my iPad mini! Also I have these weird lines on my smart cover for my iPad mini. The lines are on the left side where the magnetic hinge is to connect to the ipad, right by that where the flap is. Is it normal? or what?:confused:

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Whats the iPads wallpaper? I WANT IT!

----------

Hi, I need a colorful wallpaper for my iPad mini! Also I have these weird lines on my smart cover for my iPad mini. The lines are on the left side where the magnetic hinge is to connect to the ipad, right by that where the flap is. Is it normal? or what?:confused:

The picture I used wasn't of my iDevices, so I am unable to locate that wallpaper, sorry. As for the Smart Cover, I don't really undertand which "lines" you're referring to. Would it be possible to post some pictures so you can clarify?

chrismacko

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2013
The picture I used wasn't of my iDevices, so I am unable to locate that wallpaper, sorry. As for the Smart Cover, I don't really undertand which "lines" you're referring to. Would it be possible to post some pictures so you can clarify?

MWIUyJkG5d
here you go. This is where the lines are, on the flap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.