Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Divyadisha01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2013
Hi!

I have ordered one refurbished iPad mini. Can anybody tell me that the packaging of iPad at the time of delivery will be same as new apple products or it will differ?

Looking for your help ASAP.
TIA

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hi!

I have ordered one refurbished iPad mini. Can anybody tell me that the packaging of iPad at the time of delivery will be same as new apple products or it will differ?

TIA
Refurb products come in a plain box, not the same box as new products. Other than that, refurbs are pretty much the same as new, possibly better.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Hi!

TIA

The box is the same type, but has no pictures of the iPad on it. It simply says iPad mini on it. Packaging otherwise is exactly the same i believe. You'll get the same unboxing "experience" all in all.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Apple actually shows you the a picture of the box in the gallery of the refurbish product.

rfb-2012ipadmini-wifi-black_AV5

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FD528LL/A/refurbished-ipad-mini-with-wi-fi-16gb-black-slate

FD481_AV7

tazz3

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2013
Refurbed gets here pretty fast they come from china.
I live in ny Long Island my refurbed ipad 4 came 5 days if you live on the west cost u will get it faster by the way these refurbs are awesome it's like brand new

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca

I don't think that is true.

I live in Modesto, Ca and about 90 miles away in Rancho Cordova, Ca their is an Apple repair center and thats where all of my refurbished iPods and MacBook have come from. I usually pay for next day delivery and I get it in less than 24hrs hours later.

Its kind of like Netflix, Apple has repair centers across the US but they're just not listed.

ZGXtreme

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
I just ordered a 16GB Mini in white and received it a few days ago. Was shipped from China and arrived in the normal "new" packaging. Not sure of something got crossed in the process and I got a new one but that's how it arrived and I ordered from the refurb section of Apple.com.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I live in ny Long Island my refurbed ipad 4 came 5 days if you live on the west cost u will get it faster by the way these refurbs are awesome it's like brand new
Refurbs don't come from China. Many Apple products are shipped directly from the factories in China when they're new, but refurbs are shipped from the US.
I just ordered a 16GB Mini in white and received it a few days ago. Was shipped from China and arrived in the normal "new" packaging. Not sure of something got crossed in the process and I got a new one but that's how it arrived and I ordered from the refurb section of Apple.com.
If it came from China and was in new packaging, it wasn't a refurb. The serial number should tell you whether it's a refurb or not.

ZGXtreme

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Refurbs don't come from China. Many Apple products are shipped directly from the factories in China when they're new, but refurbs are shipped from the US.

If it came from China and was in new packaging, it wasn't a refurb. The serial number should tell you whether it's a refurb or not.

Sweet. Saved $50.00 and still got brand new.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I have bought about 20 refurb Apple products over the years. I live in Maryland and every one has come directly from China.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.