Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lethal state

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
I have the GPP sim for my sprint iPhone 4S and I was wondering if I could still using the GPP sim on tmobile if I installed the IOS 7 beta. I tried emailing them a few days ago but I still haven't gotten a reply about it. Has anyone gotten it to work and still be on tmobile or whatever service while on IOS 7 if not does anyone know when it will be available?

Thank you

moemoe34567

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
GPP sim and ios 7

Hello I have an iphone 4s for sprint too and use gpp sim to unlock it. I already tried updating my phone to ios 7 beta and tried using the gpp sim to "unlock" the phone but I didnt have any luck. tried multiple ways and nothing really worked.

To recap I (restore option)installed fresh install of ios 7 beta, I paid to have my UUID registered. ( you dont need to do this you can update directly from ios 6 without that, I done it just because I rely on my phone tooooooo much and I didnt want anything to ****** it up). registered as a new iphone and nothing, no signal or anything.

Second time I updated directly from ios 6.1.3 (update) option. I registered the phone as a new iphone and still nothing.

By the way I am not Jailbroken. I lost my jailbreak when I accidently updated to IOS 6.1.3

----------

You should contact then directly and ask:

- www.gppsimusa.com/shop/pages.php?pageid=3

I done that already about the same time the rumors about the GPP sim unlocking ios 7 came around. They still havent replied to any of my messages

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
Hello I have an iphone 4s for sprint too and use gpp sim to unlock it. I already tried updating my phone to ios 7 beta and tried using the gpp sim to "unlock" the phone but I didnt have any luck. tried multiple ways and nothing really worked.

To recap I (restore option)installed fresh install of ios 7 beta, I paid to have my UUID registered. ( you dont need to do this you can update directly from ios 6 without that, I done it just because I rely on my phone tooooooo much and I didnt want anything to ****** it up). registered as a new iphone and nothing, no signal or anything.

Second time I updated directly from ios 6.1.3 (update) option. I registered the phone as a new iphone and still nothing.

By the way I am not Jailbroken. I lost my jailbreak when I accidently updated to IOS 6.1.3

----------

I done that already about the same time the rumors about the GPP sim unlocking ios 7 came around. They still havent replied to any of my messages

If they haven't replied back then that might be a company you shouldn't do business with.

estevanrios

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
iOS 7 running using GPP Sim

I can confirm it works. I got my phone to get service with it no problem as soon as update finished it worked. Try going to settings phone sim lock and enter 0000 and reboot and then turn it back on if it still says no service turn airplane mode on then off. Hope this works for you! Check out the pic below

http://twitter.com/estevemcqueen/status/347096816963162113/photo/1

Last edited:

Verzyi

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
got it working on ios 7

i just spent 4 hours and i finally fingered it out i have a iphone 4s runing ios 7 beta 2 and after trying everything above i uninstalled my gpp profile re-installed it and now if works 100%

Mr.Castro

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
Sprint Iphone 4s ios 7 gpp

i just spent 4 hours and i finally fingered it out i have a iphone 4s runing ios 7 beta 2 and after trying everything above i uninstalled my gpp profile re-installed it and now if works 100%

I got a sprint iphone 4s on ios 7 beta 2......i have no data connection

podiki

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2008
Lagovouni
Any of you have problems with unlocking your sim? I don't seem to be able to unlock mine after installing Beta 3....

mrleonx

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2013
I can confirm it works. I got my phone to get service with it no problem as soon as update finished it worked. Try going to settings phone sim lock and enter 0000 and reboot and then turn it back on if it still says no service turn airplane mode on then off. Hope this works for you! Check out the pic below

Yep I tried that and it work for ios 7 Beta 2. I haven't tried Beta 3. It might work but I just wanna see who's gonna test it.

----------

Even with this method it still doesn't work ?

Originally Posted by estevanrios

Last edited by a moderator:

mrleonx

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2013
I figure it out. You gotta install everything from ios7 beta 1 then to beta 2 last beta 3. Make sure that before you click the update on itune. Remember to (if using Window 7 or so) Hold Shift And left click on "Check for update" on itune. Then it should work.

Danniexo

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2013
I figure it out. You gotta install everything from ios7 beta 1 then to beta 2 last beta 3. Make sure that before you click the update on itune. Remember to (if using Window 7 or so) Hold Shift And left click on "Check for update" on itune. Then it should work.

What do you mean "You gotta install everything from ios7 beta 1 then to beta 2 and last beta 3" ? Like first install beta 1 and then upgrade to beta 2 from the phone and then upgrade to beta 3 right from the phone ?... I haven't updated my phone from ios 6.1.3 and I'm afraid cuz I'm not sure what sim thing the people from the shop where i got my phone unlocked used to unlock my phone... The shop isn't too far from where i live so i can walk over there and ask tomorrow and i still have the receipt.. I will probably have to call them later on, but i really want to know what you mean by installing "everything". I only have a few days before i have to pay my t-mobile bill and i don't wanna mess up my service or the unlocked sim card.. I have an iPhone 4s also.

dm1113

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
I have the GPP to work with tmobile and I did the update to iOS 7 and now my phone its not working with tmobile anymore..

Please help!!!

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
I have the GPP to work with tmobile and I did the update to iOS 7 and now my phone its not working with tmobile anymore..

Please help!!!

I read somewhere that GPP worked with June and July betas, but did not work with the final iOS release. Restore to iOS 6 and wait until an update is released.

izzyxcrist0

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Working patch for ios 7

Please help!!![/QUOTE
1 take out u sim
2 go to neterteam.com download the patch
3 go to 2g.neter.com and download the patch
4 insert u sim ,wait for the signal
u may only get edge;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.