Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

struck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
to connect by wire or blue tooth to Iphone.

Lighter and runs faster than Google Glass because it uses the processors on the Iphone. Mostly uses the battery on the Iphone, which gives it longer usable time.

Fits with the curved glass patent. Only question being can it deliver a much finer display than Google Glass.

This give Apple a new product that simultaneously takes business from Samsung Smart Phone, Google Glass.

This is a rumor I have started, I have no reason to think Apple is about to do this.

Who here would want one? How much would you pay? What features make it as an absolute must have item?

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
Oh gods... please, no.

From the couple hands on reviews of Google Glass, I'm not sure that the "glasses" computer is one that's ready for prime time. The watch, sure. I live in rural Ohio, I can't imagine the rage when these people find out there's a camera in the glasses.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
No way. Not even interested in an iWatch let alone iGlasses.

I'll take it one step further..while apparently wearable electronics are, according to some here, the future...the idea of wearing...er...not attractive stuff all over my body, rather than actually going through the horrible bother of using my phone, strikes me as beyond silly.

But then, I'm an old fart with strange, badly outdated ideas about how I want to look when I go out in public....more like an actual person than a walking electronics store.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I'll take it one step further..while apparently wearable electronics are, according to some here, the future...the idea of wearing...er...not attractive stuff all over my body, rather than actually going through the horrible bother of using my phone, strikes me as beyond silly.

But then, I'm an old fart with strange, badly outdated ideas about how I want to look when I go out in public....more like an actual person than a walking electronics store.

100% with you on this. Got to have a little dignity in public.

Cody21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I wouldn't be interested. I would buy an iWatch any day, but I can't see myself wearing something like iGlass or Google Glass.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013

May not disturb you but most will not like it. I think a law requiring a "red flashing light" on all glasses to warn people that they are being recorded would be a great idea.

You might have given up your privacy in your country but we Americans are fighting to keep ours!:mad:

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
Apple isn't doing glasses - remember? They did the eyePhone.

Attachments

• EyePhone-Install.jpg
    EyePhone-Install.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 114

Chub

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2013
Neither the iWatch, iGlasses or Google Glass really excite me that much. The iWatch, well I already have a watch and on top of that I have a phone that already does everything that the iWatch can do anyway. Same applies to Google Glass.

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
There is no part of iGlass, or Google Glass for that matter, that doesn't reek of creeper tool.
Doesn't matter whether it's Google or Apple. The concept is creepy and a glass#ole is a glass#ole.

Carry these concepts to their natural end: humans are going to be cyborgs soon, if we choose.

The warnings come from the bible and Hollywood... I think Apple may exist all over this galaxy.

Maybe this is some kind of invasion! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.