Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Disektikus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2013
I'm having issues when trying to charge my phone. Basically it's really intermittent when I plug it in to either a wall outlet or a USB in my computer. Originally I thought it was the cable but I've tried 3 different official apple cables and 2 3rd party cables. To get it to charge I need to plug the cable into the phone and then unplug and reconnect the cable from the USB end multiple times until it eventually recognises the device and starts to charge. If that doesn't work I have to restart the phone and randomly disconnect and reconnect the cable from each end until it finally decides to play ball.

Obviously I've tried plenty of different cables, outlets and computers so the problem is either the charging port or a software issue. I've read mixed reviews all over the net as to whether its safe to use the 'reset all settings' feature in a jail broken phone. Some say it will get stuck on the boot sequence and others say it will be fine as long as I don't use the 'erase all content and settings' feature. Annoyingly, my laptop charger has just died on me so restoring from a computer is out of the question ATM. Just wondered if anyone else has come across this and whether they know if it's software or charging port related?

Any help would be amazing! Cheers!

gadgetrx.net

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2013
New York - Long Island
agree that is is probably a charging dock that needs to be replaced. A restore all settings won't mess up a jailbreak only RESTORE AND ERASE. But back it up on itunes just to make sure. I doubt a restore will do anything to solve the issue as it sounds hardware related.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.