Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
Hello
I want to buy the mac bundle that came out but I do have 1 question before. The bundle like all other bundles is based in USA and the price is listed in dollars and i live in the uk, if i buy it and try to redeem the codes on the mac app store will i have a problem due to different countries which occurs on ios devices or is the mac app store universal ?

I also read that if bought now it must be redeemed within 60 days, if i redeem it and get a new laptop, can I download it there the same as any other app on my apple account id or is it a license for 1 single use only?

Last edited:

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
It has nothing to do with Apple App Store, you would download from the web site that is selling the bundle.

onekerato

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2011
As mentioned above, the bundle of apps is sold outside the Mac App Store. (On a related note, the "redeem code" link on Mac App Store is not meant for sales. It's only for distributing apps for promotional or review purposes. So, you shouldn't have to pay for codes anyway.)

In a bundle, the licence terms vary based on the software. In general, the licence covers all the computers you own but some of the more expensive apps - Parallels for example - require activation, which usually means the licence is restricted to 1 or 2 Macs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.