Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Black March

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
Hey, I'm totally dependant upon using google chrome, but on my new 2013 MBA i think it takes up too much of my screen real estate at the top of the screen. I'm also not quite satisfied with going full-screen because then whenever I need to go to the adress bar the whole thing, on top of the apple status-bar just becomes frigging massive.

Anyone have a good way or making the chrome interface take up less space? Shrinking it a bit or removing parts of it?

Even having the tabs hanging down instead of sticking up would be a huge improvement for me. I'm quite dependant on having as many of those vertical lines as possible available to me.

ylrd

macrumors member
May 25, 2013
Europe
You mean like resizing the window? If not, take a screenshot and show us what you're talking about.

Black March

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
Okey, Ill try. Simply put I´d like my Chrome to use as little screen space on the top of the screen as what Safari does.

And yes, I have to use Chrome.

Attachments

• Skjermbilde 2013-07-11 kl. 17.40.22.png
    Skjermbilde 2013-07-11 kl. 17.40.22.png
    203 KB · Views: 82
  • Skjermbilde 2013-07-11 kl. 17.41.17.png
    Skjermbilde 2013-07-11 kl. 17.41.17.png
    184.8 KB · Views: 72

ylrd

macrumors member
May 25, 2013
Europe
Okey, Ill try. Simply put I´d like my Chrome to use as little screen space on the top of the screen as what Safari does.

And yes, I have to use Chrome.

I had the same problem some time ago and there were no solutions whatsoever since Chrome is just like that... there's no way to shrink the toolbars. Sure, you can enter into Presentation Mode, but that hides everything and it's a bit of a hassle, since you have to hover over the top of the screen all the time and can't control your tabs from there.

TL;DR - No.

dusk007

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2009
I don't quite see the problem. Safari's addressbar is even thicker, the only difference is that it doesn't display the tab bar if only a single tab is open.

Just a stupid question but you do hide the dock right?

Presentation mode is easy to use if you use gestures to switch tabs.
I have two finger tiptab right/left set to switching to left right tab.
Three finger up to close tab. Three finger swipe down to open a new one. You never need the tab bar unless you need an overview of what is open.
There isn't really any other way to save any useful amount of space other than this way.
It renders any external screen useless as this is the same thing as this weird full screen mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.