Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2001
I found this in the last issue of MacWorld. It's the MacMania Alaskan cruise with guest speakers Steve Wozniack and John De Lancie (Q). Expierience breathtaking Alaskan landscapes in the day while learning UNIX,Photoshop and Project Builder in the night. Could a vacation get any better :cool: ?
http://geekcruises.com/home/mm_home.html

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Wow.. I don't know if I think that's really cool or shockingly sad... however, since John DeLancie did the intro movies for Compaq, I don't see where he fits in on the Mac Mania cruise. Also, $2,700 for an inside cabin on an Alaskan cruise seems to be.. well.. nutty is the nicest word that comes to mind.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by IndyGopher
Wow.. I don't know if I think that's really cool or shockingly sad... however, since John DeLancie did the intro movies for Compaq, I don't see where he fits in on the Mac Mania cruise. Also, $2,700 for an inside cabin on an Alaskan cruise seems to be.. well.. nutty is the nicest word that comes to mind.
This cruise is designed for people getting required job training, meaning that $2700 doesn't seem so bad when your company is paying for over half of it. And let's just accept that when someone endorses a product (like compaq) that doesn't mean they actually use it, it means they were payed to endorse it.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
There's an ad in MacWorld (the magazine) about this cruise. It seems pretty nice. A whole ship full of Mac users. There are going to be sessions, and stuff like that.

I imagine that if Bill Gates had any torpedoes, then the Mac community would be screwed :(

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
No way!

I do not know about you all, but if I go to cruise in Alaska I'll be thinking in getting laid, not in Photoshop.
Now, if that is a training program... to hell! I'll be thinking in anything else.

Is like having Sarah Michelle Gellar or Crhistina Applegate as a private Photoshop instructor.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I agree

as much as I love Apple....I don't think I'd even consider spending the money to go on type of cruise to Alaska...

would much prefer to spend that money on a plane ticket to Europe with my girlfriend! :D

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Just a minute

Just a minute hol,

are u tryin to tell me everybodys dead

I have a mac mate who does set design for Red Dwarf, well looking forward to the DVDs!

Matthé

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2001
DVD's RED DWARF?

tell me more!
i'm not english but i grew up with them and want ALL of them

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2001
I agree. I would only go if my job paid for it. If the company paid it would be fine with me.
Red Dwarf on DVD,any idea how many episodes per disc? I'm not even in Europe but I can't wait for the movie.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
hmm

Movie will be released some time near end of 2002, also Star Trek: Nemisis will also be released near then, DOH! I think RD will have my vote.

The set designed said DVDs within a year, I HOPE he was right!

I currently can't get my video player hooked up to my epson projector where as my DVD will. COME ON rec dwarf. There site rocks! http://www.reddwarf.com!

U

Unregistered

Actually. yeah. It could get better. Giselle and Laetitia Casta could be waiting for me back in my stateroom. Also a free G5 tower when I check in at the dock would make it better. I could go on, but you get the point.

Matthé

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2001
natalie

you're forgetting natalie

but we're straying from the subject here
(the word 'geek' comes to mind)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.