Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KBMCGUIRE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
Hello People!

I have a major issue with jailbroken iPhone 5. I am very experienced with jailbreaking and can usually sove these issues, this one I cannot. So yesterday my iPhone crashed and was stuck in the boot up(apple screen) mode. I realized that iBlacklist was what caused the crash because since using it, it has crashed anytime a test or call comes in from a blocked #(I have been meaning to uninstall iBlacklist and forgot). So anyways, to get it out of this endless boot cycle(simply resetting it would not work, after the reset with sleep and home key it would resume being stuck on apple screen), I did a hard reset by holding sleep home and then switched to holding the up volume button when apple came up. This gave me access to my phone, went into Cydia, deleted iBlacklist, tried reseting again and nothing. Then went into iFile and deleted all files associated with iBlacklist, tried reseting again and still nothing, still stuck in apple screen and cannot get back to normal mode on my phone.

If anyone can help or has a suggestion it would be so greatly appreciated, this is extremely frustrating. Also, the phone appears to be in safe mode when I restart using the volume key, although it does not say 'safe mode' up at the top in place of the clock like it usually would.

Thanks

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
In safe mode install sbsettings if you don't have it alrwady.

Now open sbsetting, select more and go to mobilesubstrate addons
Deselect all and see if it boots up normal.

If it does re-enable the addons 1by1 or in batches to find the culprit.

Icleaner pro can do this as well

Samanosuke

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2013
In safe mode install sbsettings if you don't have it alrwady.

Now open sbsetting, select more and go to mobilesubstrate addons
Deselect all and see if it boots up normal.

If it does re-enable the addons 1by1 or in batches to find the culprit.

Icleaner pro can do this as well

Icleaner pro is better for this...

KBMCGUIRE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
Hello People!

I have a major issue with jailbroken iPhone 5. I am very experienced with jailbreaking and can usually sove these issues, this one I cannot. So yesterday my iPhone crashed and was stuck in the boot up(apple screen) mode. I realized that iBlacklist was what caused the crash because since using it, it has crashed anytime a test or call comes in from a blocked #(I have been meaning to uninstall iBlacklist and forgot). So anyways, to get it out of this endless boot cycle(simply resetting it would not work, after the reset with sleep and home key it would resume being stuck on apple screen), I did a hard reset by holding sleep home and then switched to holding the up volume button when apple came up. This gave me access to my phone, went into Cydia, deleted iBlacklist, tried reseting again and nothing. Then went into iFile and deleted all files associated with iBlacklist, tried reseting again and still nothing, still stuck in apple screen and cannot get back to normal mode on my phone.

If anyone can help or has a suggestion it would be so greatly appreciated, this is extremely frustrating. Also, the phone appears to be in safe mode when I restart using the volume key, although it does not say 'safe mode' up at the top in place of the clock like it usually would.

Thanks

Thank you very much, This did in fact work. I am trying to turn one on at a time now, which is going to take forever because I have so many but at least it will work now. So this must mean that it wasn't iBlacklist that caused the problem?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
You can try batches as well.

Maybe in the crash some other tweak got corrupted or it wasn't related to iBlacklist to start with.

KBMCGUIRE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
You can try batches as well.

Maybe in the crash some other tweak got corrupted or it wasn't related to iBlacklist to start with.

So how do I check batches? Also, if I turn all the addons on and everything works alright, springboard doesn't crash again, then does that mean there is still a problem or corrupted file and I'm just unable to find it? I ask because if something is corrupted, I'd like to delete it now rather than having the phone crash sometime in the future and having to go through all of this all over again. I'm sorry if I'm being annoying or asking too many questions, I just like to learn anything I can about this stuff.

nanolife

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2011
Pasadena
So how do I check batches? Also, if I turn all the addons on and everything works alright, springboard doesn't crash again, then does that mean there is still a problem or corrupted file and I'm just unable to find it? I ask because if something is corrupted, I'd like to delete it now rather than having the phone crash sometime in the future and having to go through all of this all over again. I'm sorry if I'm being annoying or asking too many questions, I just like to learn anything I can about this stuff.

So why don't you remove EVERYTHING, make a very deep clean with iCleaner and since you said you know a thing or two about jailbreak, try checking this guide here, it works and it is 100% safe since I tried it myself many times on my iPhone 5 when I was running IOS 6.1.2 and works flawless!
It will give you a fresh start on your device and remove all the broken/left overs from bad sources and ****** apps/tweaks.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
If it aint broke now, don't fix it!

The above link is very awkward, if you really want to restore to clean JB than use iLEX restore or-semi-restore.

I would just leave it as it is.

KBMCGUIRE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
If it aint broke now, don't fix it!

The above link is very awkward, if you really want to restore to clean JB than use iLEX restore or-semi-restore.

I would just leave it as it is.

Thanks Much, I though about doing this but decided, it is working now, no need to fix it. I think a cracked version of iBlacklist caused the problem and it is now gone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.