Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larry918

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
Hi, I just received my new MBA with the upgraded 8GB ram. It was like love a first sight :p, although I did notice a slight discomfort. The bottom left corner (the black sphere) is raised a bit high, and does not sit flat on a table. When I'm typing (like right now), it shifts slightly up and down. My question is: will Apple fix this in store? I really don't want a replacement, especially because I live in China and it's not available yet.

Tzey

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2012
Hi, I just received my new MBA with the upgraded 8GB ram. It was like love a first sight :p, although I did notice a slight discomfort. The bottom left corner (the black sphere) is raised a bit high, and does not sit flat on a table. When I'm typing (like right now), it shifts slightly up and down. My question is: will Apple fix this in store? I really don't want a replacement, especially because I live in China and it's not available yet.

I have a similar problem, there is only the slightest amount of movement when I press the left hand corner, when im typing you don't notice any rocking or discomfort.

Whether they would be able to fix it in store I don't know, can't hurt to ask I guess. Base could just need replacing or the whole chassis may be warped.

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
They can probably address in store. You can also very carefully twist the unit and fix it yourself. I've done this on several Airs with no issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.