Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Rovio today announced the Septmeber 19 debut of "Angry Birds Star Wars II", building on the success of the original partnership between Rovio and Lucasfilm.
The new game will tackle the prequels, introducing a wide roster of never-before-seen Angry Birds Star Wars characters. The best part? You'll get to play with over 30 of them!

At this point we will not comment on rumors or speculation that Jar Jar Binks will be in the game.
Interestingly, the launch will come alongside new interactive toys from Hasbro known as "Telepods" that will allow players to scan the 30 different figures to add them to the game and allow players to customize the birds being fired on a given level.
TELEPODS lets you teleport your figures into the new ANGRY BIRDS STAR WARS II app!

You can also launch your Rebel Bird figures in real life to topple the evil pig Empire.

Collect more than 30 teleport-able figures!

Article Link: 'Angry Birds Star Wars II' Launching September 19 Alongside 'Telepods' Interactive Toys

Supertecnoboff

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2011
UK
Yay another Angry Birds game...................................

As you can tell I'm really excited to basically play the same game all over again but this time with new in app purchases.......

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
I hate angry birds. Aways have... Always will. It's completely overrated, and I'll never understand why it's so popular. I've downloaded it many times throughout the years trying to give it a chance... but it's just so terrible.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
If you played one, you've played them all.

Yeah. it took me many months (Maybe even a year+) after downloading the free version to play it. never got THAT into it.

I have however, DL other FREE versions of the full game when they go on sale/free, but have yet to get into those.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Keep milking them franchises. And doing this-

beating_a_dead_horse_by_potatoehuman-d3fead4.jpg

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I hate angry birds. Aways have... Always will. It's completely overrated, and I'll never understand why it's so popular. I've downloaded it many times throughout the years trying to give it a chance... but it's just so terrible.

This pretty much sums up my angry birds experience as well. Plants vs zombies always held my attention more

dennno

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
Business wise, it makes more sense to milk the franchise. This is what happens when small studios lose their passion for game development.

But hey they gotta do what they can to rake in the profits.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
Another one ? Cmon...
How about start designing the next big hit, Rovio ?

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
I am very happy about this news.

But to all those saying it's just 'milking' the same idea I say no! It's Star Wars, so if anything it's blue milking. :D

This is also a lot like what many people say about Star Wars, especially the prequels, so it's obviously a match made in heaven. :)

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
damn I wish I funded Star Wars when it was being made, not that I was alive in the 70's but what a money making franchise that has turned out to be. Going to be 3 more films too.

----------

Another one ? Cmon...
How about start designing the next big hit, Rovio ?

they are.......................Angry Birds, the movie.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Does this mean we'll get an AB Star Wars released for each of the Star Wars Films now...

Keep milking that horse Rovio. In the mean time, your competitors are working on new games instead of recycling the LUA level script (FYI it takes like a minute to make your own Angry Birds levels).

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know what's worse, another Angry Birds game or the fact that it's based on the crappy Star Wars prequels. The next one better be based on Star Trek. Give me a Kirk bird, a Spock bird, Romulan pig, Klingon pig, Borg pig and maybe a bald eagle bird (Picard).

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
Too many upgrades, bonuses, power-ups, etc. I miss the days when Angry Birds was a combination of pixel-point-perfection and angle/power with a little bit of luck.

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
I'll just wait til this goes free again, either from the app store itself or thru Starbucks

BerlingerT

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2013
Amelia, Ohio
I don't really care about 'milking' or not. Anyone could say people are milking a franchise that has a lot of games and gets another game.

I'm happy about this and will enjoy the game for what it is and not worry about what Rovia 'could' have made instead. That's just silly.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Does this mean we'll get an AB Star Wars released for each of the Star Wars Films now...

Keep milking that horse Rovio. In the mean time, your competitors are working on new games instead of recycling the LUA level script (FYI it takes like a minute to make your own Angry Birds levels).

Wow, you are telling a company how to make money, next thing you will say is "Keep milking that horse McDonalds, enough restaurants already", and just so you know, they have other games, Amazing Alex, Bad Piggies and The Croods.

While you are here on a forum complaining about Rovio milking Angry Birds, they are making millions of dollars each month.

And as long as Angry Birds "X" keeps making them money, yes, they will keep on doing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.