Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stumichael

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
Was chatting on iMessage (messages) on my Macbook Pro as I normally do to other iMessage users who might be using their iPhones or computer. While I was already in the middle of a conversation I went to send another message and it just disappeared.

I restarted my computer and tried again, still nothing was sending. I then deleted all the conversations and tried to start a new one. Still nothing would send and still the messages would just disappear.

I then deleted my iMessage account from the computer and re added it. That was all good, but again went to send a iMessage and the message would not send. I notice people who would send me iMessages their name will appear on the top of list of conversation i'm having in iMessage but no message actually appears from them, but appears on my iPhone and iPad just fine.

Does anyone know why I can not send or receive iMessage from my Macbook Pro and why it just suddenly stopped working for no reason? I know some part of it is still working as most recent texts I get, that username appears at the top of the conversation list on the Macbook.

Please help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.