Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
Take it to an Apple Store and pay $150 for the out of warranty replacement and then sell the replacement phone for $250 if its a 4. $350 if its a 4S.

This is why Apple is moving towards "fixing broken screens" from "replacing the whole device". This is an unethical practice. If you're going to pay for put of warranty replacement at its because you're going to use it. Also I don't think Apple would replace a device damage that extensively but I may be wrong.

CubeHacker

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2003
This is why Apple is moving towards "fixing broken screens" from "replacing the whole device". This is an unethical practice. If you're going to pay for put of warranty replacement at its because you're going to use it. Also I don't think Apple would replace a device damage that extensively but I may be wrong.

You appear to be correct. Quote taken from apples own warranty support site:

Certain damage is ineligible for out-of-warranty service, including catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces, and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.