Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
MS is inferior because they use a great selling point as a... selling point? That's an odd frame of mind. Thankfully Apple never ever does that.

As for what's subjective, yes you are certainly correct and it's probably my fault for thinking when I state my opinion it's meant as my subjective opinion and certainly not as fact, or even as business advice. For me the overall experience of using a windows tablet is HIGHLY superior to using an ipad.

Well I'm happy for you that you find solace with the Surface, pity not many others share your same feelings which is why this tablet is on it's way to the bottom of the sea.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Well I'm happy for you that you find solace with the Surface, pity not many others share your same feelings which is why this tablet is on it's way to the bottom of the sea.

No, I don't like the surface, although why people like to be nebulous and say "surface" is beyond me. There are 2 surface variants, the RT version and the Pro version, they are very much different. I don't particularly care for either, and neither of them fulfill my needs, I'd choose an ipad over either surface tablet.

----------

This article explains exactly why the Surface RT was destined to become something of a dud. And it's not for the reasons you think.

Price will never make the surface RT a sound strategy, never. MS took their most valuable positive, their incredible ecosystem and legacy programs, and threw them completely out the window. They are basically trying to out ipad the ipad, and they will never do that IMO. They also succeeded in confusing the heck out of consumers in the process, not a good thing.

MS honestly needs to let RT die. They will lose some consumers who invested in it, but it doesn't seem like it's that many at all. They need to cut their losses and get out before more people get invested in RT and MS ends up pulling the plug on it in 2 years anyway.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
For me the overall experience of using a windows tablet is HIGHLY superior to using an ipad.

No, I don't like the surface, although why people like to be nebulous and say "surface" is beyond me. There are 2 surface variants, the RT version and the Pro version, they are very much different. I don't particularly care for either, and neither of them fulfill my needs, I'd choose an ipad over either surface tablet.

Am I missing something here? These posts are contradicting.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Yep, you are missing something huge, but if you carefully read my complaints before trying to counter them then you would know.

Well enjoy dude. I asked you a simple question, to explain what you meant. If you want to play games and expect people to syphon out your posts and figure them out then you shouldn't be posting on a discussion board.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Well enjoy dude. I asked you a simple question, to explain what you meant. If you want to play games and expect people to syphon out your posts and figure them out then you shouldn't be posting on a discussion board.

Yeah but you took the time to point out my apparently contradicting statements, which are not contradictory in the least. No it's not playing games, I just don't have time to discuss things with someone that doesn't value what I'm discussing enough to carefully read what I think I've stated like 300 times. No issue taken though, but yes feel free to move along.

Last edited by a moderator:

Renzatic

Suspended

I'll spell it out for you.

He doesn't like the Surface line, but he does like Windows 8 tablets. And yes, there are reasons why someone would like a Samsung or Asus W8 tablet over a Surface.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.