Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Judge2012

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
Hi all, my wife recently lost her iphone4 (well mine, but a long story ) anywho after getting it locked remotely by orange it turns out it was handed in. Except my mother in law never gave us the message for a week.:confused: Yeah sitcom land I know. Haha.

So when we pick this phone up from the person who handed it in can we do anything with it at all? Or are we just looking at an iPod...?

Thanks all from sitcom land

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
you should be able to unlock it through orange once you prove to them that you are the legal owner. by locked i assume you mean blacklisted?

speedsam

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2013
Lost iPhone, IOS, iPhone5

Hey guys,

some one stole my iPhone5, it was password protected. and i have given the IME number to the Service providers to trace it out. No news yet :mad:.

I question here is.
1. Can someone break the iPhone Passcode ? (Saw some videos on Youtube on how to unlock without the passcode) .

2. Can the IME number be removed or reprogrammed?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Hey guys,

some one stole my iPhone5, it was password protected. and i have given the IME number to the Service providers to trace it out. No news yet :mad:.

I question here is.
1. Can someone break the iPhone Passcode ? (Saw some videos on Youtube on how to unlock without the passcode) .

2. Can the IME number be removed or reprogrammed?

1.) they dont "trace it out", but they can blacklist the IMEI

2.) i think they can DFU restore the device, wiping it clean......turns it into an ipod basically

3.) dont threadjack

speedsam

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2013
So you mean to say, they would be able to use it as a phone. but just as a ipod.

Can they Flash the phone.?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Depends if the carrier IMEI blocks or not. If they do, it will be useless as a phone. It won't register on the network and won't make calls or texts. However data will work over wifi and they will be able to use it that way. And no, there's no flashing.

speedsam

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2013
Thanks for replying.. hope i would get my phone back. i was really depressed for the last few days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.