Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Harp77

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
Toronto, ONT
Got my eye on my first ipad and have 3 ques:
A) looking at the 4th Gen wifi only - should I get now or wait for the new ver which I hear is coming in the fall

B) how does an ipad open epubs if the epub is not from the apple store?

C) does the white turn a different color if I have a smart case?

tazz3

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2013
I was going to Waite for the ipad5 but I got the ipad4 32 gig refurb from the apple store and I can't be more happy with it.ithe 4 is great its super fast ,battery time is awesome and it was 499 ..go to best buy and try it out

Harp77

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
Toronto, ONT
I think he means if the look of the white design would change when covered by some transparent-like case?

What I was wanting to know is does a white Ipad change its colour or fade after a while?
I so badly want the black but my wife insists we get the white, which I cannot stand. I have visions of it turning yellow after a period of time.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
A) Id definitely suggest waiting. You can either get the new iPad 5, or get the iPad 4 for cheaper. Waiting seems like a win win.

B) I do believe iBooks can open any ePub file

C) The white stays white. I dont think Ive seen an iPad that has yellowed.

Harp77

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
Toronto, ONT
Is there any generation of Ipad I should avoid?

I just noticed Apple refurb just posted up the 3rd gen for $379......? Or should I go for nothing less than 4th gen and beyond...? :confused:

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
If money is no issue then you can wait for iPad 5. It is mucho better than iPad 3 and 4...lightness to hold, better processor, and maybe better camera. :apple:

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2012
C) does the white turn a different color if I have a smart case?

The white will stay white. But keep in mind that only the bezel around the front is white. The back of both the black iPad 4 and the white iPad 4 is silver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.