Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ihatemymacbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2013
Hi new to the forum, I joined because my late 2011 fully specd MacBook Air is not logging in, or letting me reinstall Osx mountain lion. I just got off the phone with AppleCare and they spent 45mins trying to solve it and ended up recommending a trip to the apple store. So I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations, because I would really rather not have to make the trip all the way to the mall.

alexrmc92

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2013
Hi new to the forum, I joined because my late 2011 fully specd MacBook Air is not logging in, or letting me reinstall Osx mountain lion. I just got off the phone with AppleCare and they spent 45mins trying to solve it and ended up recommending a trip to the apple store. So I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations, because I would really rather not have to make the trip all the way to the mall.

does it the login screen shake when you click log in? this would indicate that you aren't entering the right password.

If you want to reinstall os x hold command + r when rebooting. This should always work as it has nothing to do with logging in. If it doesn't you may have a hardware issue.

Ihatemymacbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2013
does it the login screen shake when you click log in? this would indicate that you aren't entering the right
----------

[/COLOR]
does it the login screen shake when you click log in? this would indicate that you aren't entering the right password.

If you want to reinstall os x hold command + r when rebooting. This should always work as it has nothing to do with logging in. If it doesn't you may have a hardware issue.

I know it's the right password, it logs me in then goes to the screen with a grey background, then there is a loading bar on the bottom of the screen, then a spinning wheel, and then it shuts down. Like I said I've tried reinstalling OS X but there is an error warning that says to restart the process every time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.