Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRobertM

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Seattle WA.
I apologize in advance for this rant. There are two things that really bug me about the YouTube app:

1. "What to watch" - I am fine with this feature however, why does it have to be the default page with no option to change it? Every time I launch, I have to swipe over and select "My Subscriptions". There are times when I forget and end up watching videos that I think are new, but turn out to be very old. Drives me up a wall.

2. Most popular - As it stands now, I have to scroll past all my subscripts to even get to this option, around 6 - 8 swipes (With 3 loads in-between). Should this not be at the "root" of the tree with the subscription list as a collapsed subtree? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Google is a very large company with smart people working there, so these options have to be left out for reason. The question is why? I really have no clue. I am guessing the forced "What to Watch" is to make you "discover" other channels and get out of your bubble however, most of the time it just lists old videos of a channel I am already subscribed to.... But the buried "most popular" link? Don't get it...

Anyways, I know this wont change but I needed to vent, thanks for reading.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.