Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GBokie

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2012
There is a ¢ key on the iPhone. Press and hold the $. Et viola! ¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢

Jaylor

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2006
iOS 7 beta, I cannot find this character even when holding the $ button. I tried the UK, CA, IT keyboards.

A nice workaround though is to use the shortcut option in Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts and paste the character in from somewhere you've found it online.

I set it so that whenever I type ccents, it automatically inputs the cents symbol.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
iOS 7 beta, I cannot find this character even when holding the $ button. I tried the UK, CA, IT keyboards.

A nice workaround though is to use the shortcut option in Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts and paste the character in from somewhere you've found it online.

I set it so that whenever I type ccents, it automatically inputs the cents symbol.
It's there in the same place using the US keyboard in iOS 7 beta 3 (at least for me).

It Is James

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2013
Washington
The only way I could think of doing it on the iPhone would be to email the cent symbol to yourself from the computer, and then copy and paste it.

Most people just use the letter c to represent cents now a days.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The only way I could think of doing it on the iPhone would be to email the cent symbol to yourself from the computer, and then copy and paste it.

Most people just use the letter c to represent cents now a days.
Long press on the $ key on the iOS keyboard and you'll get the option for the ¢ symbol (I just did to type it in that sentence).

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I have never seen anyone put c instead of ¢. I have seen the p for pence but I think that's because it's the normal symbol for pence.

diodati mark

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2016
ny
I can't find a "¢" key on the keyboard.
Is there one?
And if not, why not?
Threre is just about everything else! :confused:
Option > 4
[doublepost=1462714503][/doublepost]
I can't find a "¢" key on the keyboard.
Is there one?
And if not, why not?
Threre is just about everything else! :confused:
the ¢ sign on El Capitan is found by using Option>4.
[doublepost=1462714730][/doublepost]
There is a ¢ key on the iPhone. Press and hold the $. Et viola! ¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢
With Leopard I had a ¢ symbol under view symbols or edit symbols. Now with updated El Capitan I have no ¢ symbol there ,unless I use the shortcut option 4. This is why I hat to update. Everything seems to change for the worse.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Option > 4
the ¢ sign on El Capitan is found by using Option>4.
With Leopard I had a ¢ symbol under view symbols or edit symbols. Now with updated El Capitan I have no ¢ symbol there ,unless I use the shortcut option 4. This is why I hat to update. Everything seems to change for the worse.
This is an iPhone/iOS forum, not Mac/OS X and you are responding to a 3 year old thread.

The correct answer was posted my GBokie on Sep 7, 2012. Hold down the $ key.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.