Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Thes no paaking in Haavid Yaad. You don' really live neah theah, do yuh?

LOL I used to, lived in the South End from 98-01, then back to NYC, then was just back last Fall to March. I'm an American raised in London from NYC and upstate NY. It makes for interesting dialects ;).

PS Matt Damon is shorter than I thought, but a great guy! A friend on SWAT for BPD looked EXACTLY like him when he was ~19 (now 43). He had to shave his head cause he got so much crap for it, then Damon shaved his head, and he couldn't win.

My friends and I got a kick out of this a few years ago:

Attachments

• wicked.jpg
    wicked.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 70

seveej

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2009
Helsinki, Finland
And why did Apple replace Google search with Bing search?

What's wrong with that? Bing offers Bing's own results as well as google's results <smirk>
http://searchengineland.com/google-bing-is-cheating-copying-our-search-results-62914

----------

Please, Boston team, do not give her a Boston accent! :rolleyes:

Please, Boston Team, teach Siri to speak REAL english (not that dialect U.S. americans call english).

BTW, rephrase that slogan: Designed by Apple in California and Massachusetts

RGDS,

Last edited:

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
This is where the consumers lose.

Clearly google now is the far superior product.

Yet apple won't implement it into their products.

I wish we could of worked this out :(

As someone who has an N7, HTC One X, iPhone 5, iPad 3 and MacBook Pro, I wholeheartedly disagree. I find Siri to be more useful whereas Google Now is generally faster and more reliable. In terms of usage, I use Siri all the time, but rarely use Google Now.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I find I use Siri and Google Now for different purposes. Siri for native app stuff...alarms, timers, texts, emails and the like. For "information" questions, right now I find Google Now is faster and more accurate than Siri.

Mums

Suspended
Oct 4, 2011
Actually, there is no single Boston accent. The accent in Brighton is different from the Dorchester accent, which is different from the Southie accent...if one can hear the differences.

And the Brahmins have an accent all their own.

Watch what you wish for....they could go totally postal and just out of spite give it a Bronx accent!:D

PLEASE no New York accent!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Voice search is a gimmick, period.

Whether it's Apple, Google, or whoever else. Doesn't mean it's not nice to have but to think there's actual, widespread usage of it is just being naive.

Wat?

----------

Never activated SIRI. Don't even know people, who did. Never met or saw anyone, who was using Siri.
Apple should invest more energy in other features. Connectivity in form of adaptors for USB flash drives and Superdrive, for example.

Yes they also should run the marathon backwards.

Are you Steve Ballmer?

zoozx

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
ca
I want Siri to have a sexy voice and talk dirty to me for 5 minutes.
Maybe the next version can slap me around a little.:D
How about a hands free fleshlight attachment by 2014!

Beachhead999

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2013
What a worthless post. Of course they are working to improve it. Aren't they working to improve everything there ? Man this sites news bot sux

grimmace

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2003
Boston
Phawkin A! That's wicked cool!... and yes, I do hope there is an accent. Teach her how to swear so I can blare her voice on my stereo in a loud manner while I drive around Boston in heavy traffic!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.