Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
It's not low standards to expect a menu or process for certain things. Especially when most users don't use it on a frequently basis. Nobody can design an OS to cater to everyone's precise individual needs.

and yet here we are with iOS7 almost upon us and a brightness toggle is to be included. so there.

iOS 7 will have this function to display and do a quick setting change. Read up on iOS 7

This thread is over a year old. No iOS7 back then. :)

3rd Rock

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
Over here
and yet here we are with iOS7 almost upon us and a brightness toggle is to be included. so there.

This thread is over a year old. No iOS7 back then. :)

You are right, but the person that replied just above me wrote a reply possibly not knowing about what is current, and I wanted to clue him/her in about iOS7. ;)

Jeffrey Jeff

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2013
Ah yes, something simple that Apple could easily integrate into the iPhone which would be very much welcomed by anybody who praises the iPhone for its speed, yet nothing has been done after 5 iterations of the iPhone.

And if Apple added that feature, Apple diehards would claim that Apple was SUCH AN INNOVATOR for doing it. :eek:

this guy was right, yet he got so many down votes.

now everyone says control centre is the greatest thing in the world.

****in apple fanboys. annoying as hell

righteye

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2011
London
It takes me less than a second to click settings, click brightness tab, and scroll desired brightness.

Even with SBsettings it's still 3 steps that takes less than a second. Won't make much of a differ.

You guys should write Apple and demand them to include every single Settings, Icon, Dialer, VoiceMail, on one home screen. Basically letting them know you want everything to be one step. :p

A mode button below the volume + & - buttons would be a handy addition pressing this could cycle through a few most used functions and could even be user programable or at least a few options provided by Apple. Simple, and lets face it most tech has a mode button wether its your car or camera.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
A mode button below the volume + & - buttons would be a handy addition pressing this could cycle through a few most used functions and could even be user programable or at least a few options provided by Apple. Simple, and lets face it most tech has a mode button wether its your car or camera.
With the addition of Control Center in iOS 7 things of that nature are mostly taken care.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
Stubborn in what way (in relation to this)?

I mean apple is just plain stubborn. Why include quick access to brightness on an ipad and not on a phone? It's the same ios pretty much, so I don't see why they would limit the functionality of one product over the other. Not venting at you, just really burnt out at how stubborn and closed apple is. Sure they design elegant products, but simple common sense functionality and customizing that they could've implemented 5 years ago are things that we are still waiting for. I am simply amazed why they won't allow us to change little things like imessage or texting colors. We get tired of staring at the same colors all the time. It's not like changing a color would hinder the performance of the processor or anything.

And these color features don't seem to be happening in the ios7 beta from what I'm reading.

I'm just really over apple at the moment. I am going to wait and see what the 5S has in store, and if it's nothing amazing, I think I will make a switch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.