Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
This is a neat trick. I tried it on a photo imported from a Windows file structure. The resulting path is a little weird. What's the difference in forward vs backslash here?
/Users/myname/Pictures/iPhoto\ Library/Originals/...?

It is the escape character for a space. Windows uses quotes to enclose folders that have spaces in the names.

Tim Reardon

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2012
I use Lightroom 4

I've had it with iPhoto, it's way too proprietary for my needs. I don't need anything professional like aperture but just a really good image vierwer/organizer that actually allows me to work with the actual file on my computer easily. What does everyone else use?

Im aware this is an old question dating back to 2007 lol, but my suggestion is try Lightrooom 4 and its not expensive just 130 - 150 US bucks depending where you buy from.. I've been using this program since its release and its one of the best photoediting software i've seen in a long while and its relatively quite easy to use just a few days to a week you will be using the basics and develop nice photos in no time... :) Hope you found what you were looking for as my reply is quite late as i just happened upon your question just now Jul 28 '13 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.