Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kfury77

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2007
Osaka, Japan
There probably won't be many changes in this beta

Why not? iOS Beta's usually are released every 2 weeks, but because of the security issue on the developer portal this beta was delayed by a week so the new beta will have 3 whole weeks worth of changes and fixes included.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
I need an update for the iPhone 4. I put iOS7 on my wife's 4 and it's killed it. She reminds me often on how it doesn't work very well. Looking forward to some more stability today!

rydewnd2

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2007
New York City
Hooray! Let me run over to MacRumors and bitch about the bugginess of the beta OS that I installed on my primary phone and signed an NDA not to talk about.

Aaargh!

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2007
no critical bugs my ass.... Atleast once a day my home screen goes totally blank shows the background but none of my icons..... Gotta restart phone to get working again.
You have a 3 weeks old version, probably even older.

If they claim they almost reached "zero-priority-1 bugs" you bet they are talking about their latest internal build, not the beta build that was released 3 weeks ago, but probably branched of the trunk a while before that.

rydewnd2

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2007
New York City
I need an update for the iPhone 4. I put iOS7 on my wife's 4 and it's killed it. She reminds me often on how it doesn't work very well. Looking forward to some more stability today!

Why would you do this?? First thing iOS beta tells you is do not put this on your primary mobile device, particularly your primary phone. If it were ready for your wife's iPhone 4 it would be publicly released.

AceofJs

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2013
Background goes black
Crashes when changing background
Whats app reply bar keeps Dissappering
Drop calls on speakerphone
Wont let me skip song in control center

i guess this is why its called a beta...

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I hope the bug where if you try changing your wallpaper twice in a row the app you are in crashes is fixed! It's not huge but still not apple standard :(

and i always see my previous wallpaper for a split second during certain animations like opening or closing an app/folder

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
There probably won't be many changes in this beta

I'm sure there will be many changes. On my phone (and from what I have witnessed, many people are having the following big key problems):

- I don't get incoming cell phone calls 75% of the time. I get the voice mail notification immediately.
- In the calendar app, I go back to look at the month view and it crashes.
- Possible Spotify error, but when I play a track, if I increase or decrease the volume, it crashes.
- Background goes black constantly
- GPS issues are crazy...I can do turn by turn, but in Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, and GPS Drive, it all shows me in the middle of no where, while still updating the turn by turn instructions off and on. I'm not 100% sure if this is software or phone related. If phone related, I need to hurry and recognize before the warranty expires! If anyone else has seen this, please let me know so I can be sure.

tommyminahan

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
GPS issues are crazy...I can do turn by turn, but in Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, and GPS Drive, it all shows me in the middle of no where, while still updating the turn by turn instructions off and on. I'm not 100% sure if this is software or phone related. If phone related, I need to hurry and recognize before the warranty expires! If anyone else has seen this, please let me know so I can be sure.

I've been using Waze since Beta 1 without issue. (iPhone5 A1428)

melgross

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2004
New York City
Why would you do this?? First thing iOS beta tells you is do not put this on your primary mobile device, particularly your primary phone. If it were ready for your wife's iPhone 4 it would be publicly released.

It was his wife's phone, so he doesn't care.

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
Hooray! Let me run over to MacRumors and bitch about the bugginess of the beta OS that I installed on my primary phone and signed an NDA not to talk about.

Check your mailbox in a couple of days. Apple should be sending you its White Knight medal soon.

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
I've been using beta 3 on a iPhone 5 since release and it is very low on bugs.. Its very usable

No offence but...

are you serious? iOS7 beta 3 is nowhere near to be usable. At least 4 times a day black screen, when something goes wrong while switching between apps, almost every app lags as hell, its definitely nowhere near to be usable. Even though I got 4S and iPad 3 with it definitely can't outperform iOS6 at the moment. So they better start working hard on it if there are just 2-3 more betas before GM. Hopefully they work it out.

Anyway, IMHO some of the icons are just terrible, UI is not the best I have seen but I guess it's just matter of opinion.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Why not? iOS Beta's usually are released every 2 weeks, but because of the security issue on the developer portal this beta was delayed by a week so the new beta will have 3 whole weeks worth of changes and fixes included.

Yet Mavericks was updated on schedule with the dev center down. Maybe iOS beta 4 wasn't due to be released last Monday?

MacMan1620

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2012
Only bug that I've seen is the iCal crashing when going from day view back to month view. Other than that it's pretty solid

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.