Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
So far, a tad faster than beta 3. other than that, notice nothing different on the surface...................

mxidis88

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2013
SLC, UT

kayno

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2008
Phelps Land
LOL, I was about to leave for a 3 day trip, but waited until after noon (central U.S.) to see if Beta 4 would be coming out... Downloading now on 1 of the 2 iPhone 5 phones that I carry. (Nice to compare functionality; one for work and one for play)

how cool.. I have two iphone 5's too.. White by day, black by night..

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2009
Direct download appears to work now as well.

Screen%20Shot%202013-07-29%20at%201.18.05%20PM.png

richardw

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2011
http://techmell.net/apple-tips/2-services-online-apple-website-green-signals-ios-7-beta-4-release/

Apple took down their software update servers in the dev center after the security breach. While the Beta 4 delay was not directly attributed to the breach by Apple, it is reasonable to assume that it caused a delay. I'm a reasonable person...

It probably was not delayed. Previous betas expired on the day the next one came out. Beta 3 was no different, it expired today.

mxidis88

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2013
SLC, UT
It probably was not delayed. Previous betas expired on the day the next one came out. Beta 3 was no different, it expired today.

Is that expiration written into the beta or does apple just flip a switch when they release the new beta?

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
It's a shame when a new beta comes out the first 3 pages of posts are always "Downloading now" or "download when I get home"...

Really, we don't need to know!

rmeadejr

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
San Francisco-Twin Peaks
http://techmell.net/apple-tips/2-services-online-apple-website-green-signals-ios-7-beta-4-release/

Apple took down their software update servers in the dev center after the security breach. While the Beta 4 delay was not directly attributed to the breach by Apple, it is reasonable to assume that it caused a delay. I'm a reasonable person...

the 3rd beta to the 4th beta on iOS 6 was 3 weeks, also the same for iOS 5. Apple is sticking to there regular schedule.

DeLoMan

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2008
As of 1:22 PM, I still only see Beta 3 in the Dev Center even after clearing my Safari cache. Beta 4, however, is currently downloading OTA on my iPhone 5. Interesting...

EDIT: 1:26 PM and now it shows up in the Dev Center.

mceolsen

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
Slide To Lock on the homescreen finally has a little arrow - for those unfamiliar with the OS

tommyminahan

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008

It's also reasonable to assume that since they still had the ability to release the DP of 10.9, that they would have had the ability to release Beta 4 as the same time, but they didn't, most likely because beta 4 was not scheduled last week.

Until/unless Apple acknowledges the fact that the beta was missed from the security breach, stop inferring it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.