Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has released a beta version of iTunes 11.1 with support for iTunes Radio, Apple's new Pandora-like music streaming service. The beta has a build number of iTunes 11.1b44.

iTunesradio.png
iTunes Radio is a new internet radio service built into iOS 7, the next version of the Apple TV and the next version of iTunes on Windows and Mac, all expected to be released this fall. The new feature offers music discovery through featured and genre stations provided by Apple or through the creation of new stations based on a specific artist or song.

The service is supported by advertising, though subscribers to Apple's $24.99/year iTunes Match service receive ad-free listening.

iTunes 11.1 Beta 1 is available via Apple's Developer Center, though it's currently only available in the United States.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 11.1 Beta 1 to Developers, Includes iTunes Radio

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
I can't download it. I keep getting error P1.

ADC has been super buggy for me. I had to go back to iOS 6 and stop developing my game because it killed my iOS 7 install, claiming I wasn't enrolled in the iOS developer program, and bricked my phone.

So, I'm not surprised that I cannot download it.

Oh well. I'll have to wait for those other sites to upload it, so I can download it. :confused:

jfx94

macrumors regular
May 22, 2013
where ever I am at.
As if $24.99/year wasn't already a steal to have your music backed up in the cloud, no ads in iTunes Radio makes it even more worth it to get iTunes Match.

tubular

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2011
Can someone with access to it let us know whether they've undone what I consider iTunes 11's biggest stupidity, in which the Up Next's list INSISTS on filling itself with random stuff I don't ask for when I just want to listen to one album?

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
You can use US apple id, apple doesnt limit the access by the ip address I think.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Can someone with access to it let us know whether they've undone what I consider iTunes 11's biggest stupidity, in which the Up Next's list INSISTS on filling itself with random stuff I don't ask for when I just want to listen to one album?

Pick a song from the album view then....

martingc

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
Nice to see iTunes now able to pop up notifications when a song plays without need of Growl!

tubular

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2011
Pick a song from the album view then....

Not talking about songs, talking about albums. If you've got a classical piece several movements long, you can't queue the movements up without Up Next doing an impression of Clippy: "You seem to be listening to music! I have filled your list with other music! Thank me!"

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Will it work with the remote app... or will we have to wait for it to be updated after final release. hmmmmm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.