Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Will post a picture soon! This is awesome now we don't need that small lose able silver remote! :D

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Proof....Touch the Apple TV with bluetooth? I don't understand...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 201

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It's possible that Apple is making Bluetooth do NFC like things by telling the Apple TV and/or the iPhone to turn the broadcast power very down and/or using Bluetooth LE as the iPhone 4 and iPad 2 don't have that ability.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
This does not work on the 2nd gen. apple tv.

[edit] It does work on the Apple TV 3rd. Gen. but you still have to set up the remote app with the old remote.

I'm guessing final build will have this complete.

Also you need to remove the iPhone case.

[/edit]

Last edited:

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
This does not work on the 2nd gen. apple tv.

[edit] It does work on the Apple TV 3rd. Gen. but you still have to set up the remote app with the old remote.

I'm guessing final build will have this complete.

Also you need to remove the iPhone case.

[/edit]

I didn't have to remove my case.

hipnetic

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2010
This is very cool and a step up from even the Google Chromecast's supposedly easy setup process but, let's face it, setup is something you do once and then never have to think about. I'd like to see them implement the DIAL functionality that the Google Chromecast uses, so I can search for shows in the Netflix app on my iPhone, start it up from there, but let the ATV grab the stream from the Netflix servers (rather than use AirPlay or force me to use the TV GUI to navigate/find/play my Netflix show).

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
This is very cool and a step up from even the Google Chromecast's supposedly easy setup process but, let's face it, setup is something you do once and then never have to think about. I'd like to see them implement the DIAL functionality that the Google Chromecast uses, so I can search for shows in the Netflix app on my iPhone, start it up from there, but let the ATV grab the stream from the Netflix servers (rather than use AirPlay or force me to use the TV GUI to navigate/find/play my Netflix show).

Cast really doesn't match up to the Apple TV though. Especially without Mirroring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.