Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

llckll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Hi,

Does the latest Google Maps update have automatic traffic rerouting when heavy traffic is detected ahead?

Also, does Apple Maps also have automatic traffic rerouting if it detects heavy traffic ahead? I never once receive a traffic reroute for Apple maps and did a search and it seems like no one else has either?

I used Waze and it did give it to me once but Waze isn't accurate around my area. The traffic conditions seem to be too old to be reliable.

Thanks.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I haven't tried the latest Google Maps release for routing, yet.

I did notice that I don't see any traffic info at all now even when it's selected in the side menu...except on a route, if I have one up.

eyeronik1

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2010
Yes, the Google Maps app does reroute. Mapquest and Waze do too but I found their maps to be inaccurate.

I'm using IOS 7 but I can't talk about it. I can say that if it does reroute it's not in the publicly available documentation.

Hi,

Does the latest Google Maps update have automatic traffic rerouting when heavy traffic is detected ahead?

Also, does Apple Maps also have automatic traffic rerouting if it detects heavy traffic ahead? I never once receive a traffic reroute for Apple maps and did a search and it seems like no one else has either?

I used Waze and it did give it to me once but Waze isn't accurate around my area. The traffic conditions seem to be too old to be reliable.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.