Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

missingplugin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
I decided to get a MacBook Air 2013 after a lot of wavering in decision making, and I really love it. I'm new to Mac OS X and this laptop is pretty awesome, but one thing is strange to me. The scrolling in iTunes (even on the list "no images" view) is lagging behind my fingers a bit. It happens sometimes in finder too, and I tried my friends MacBook Pro rocking a core 2 duo and it wasn't lagging. I have the i7 model and I was just wondering if anyone else was facing these same problems? Thanks for the help!

Code.Red

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
I noticed that on my first boot, the scrolling was very choppy as well, but fixed itself once I restarted the machine and it's been fine ever since. Have you restarted your Air?

Zuxor

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2013
I totally notice this but with Safari. Some pages (like facebook) don't really scroll smooth enough.

RandomQuestion

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2013
OS X 10.9 Mavericks has smooth scrolling according to the WWDC 2013 Keynote! :D
#SmoothScrolling #Awesome

Can anyone with running Mavericks, confirm smooth scrolling?

missingplugin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
So, I did a reinstall of Mountain Lion by erasing the disk and starting over. The scrolling is really smooth in Chrome and the lag is only noticeable in the app store and in iTunes. I've also noticed that the lag is noticeably worse when the apps are fullscreen and I just want to make sure my laptop isn't defective and I miss the trade in window. Thanks for all the help!

iLive

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2012
Denmark
OS X Mavericks will improve scrolling in Mac once it's released, so look forward to that!

On that note, since it's only iTunes that lags, the artwork for your albums on iTunes, how big are the images? Because I've manually added pictures of the artwork of albums to my iTunes library, and I noticed that opening some albums took more time and lagged while others didn't. I realised, because I had chosen detailed 1500x1500 images, it took more time for iTunes to open the album, while other albums with 300x300 was much faster. So I changed it, and it helped. Now, I have no clue if you also have manually added your album covers, but if so, try to see how big the images are and scale them down by finding smaller ones. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.