Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Emceerez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
When you jailbreak it, do you really get a bunch of free channels? Like nba tv and mlb tv? Can someone explain this to me before I drop 175 on this.

adammacleod

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2012
You can install a program call XBMC which has hundreds of plugins for tv, films, music etc. I love mine

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
When you jailbreak it, do you really get a bunch of free channels? Like nba tv and mlb tv? Can someone explain this to me before I drop 175 on this.

It is not as easy as that. XBMC will give you alot of source material to stream, but it is finiciky and some links just do not work. The sports is the worst imo and never really works.

If you want to stream MLB on your apple tv it doesn't need to be JB. Buy the app photon and goto vipbox.tv and most every game will work, quality not the best.

If you have a JB ipad or iphone pm me and I will tell ya how to get HD MLB for no cost.

avoidandroid

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2013
I, too, am looking in getting an apple tv as well and never owned one before. What are the advantages and the how to's in setting up an apple tv for a beginner? Is it similar to a jailbroken iphone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.