Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
Is there a way to get real resolutions in virtualbox with windows 7? In windows 7 via bootcamp I can get good resolutions, but not in virtualbox. The best seems to be 1440x900 or so. Otherwise it doesn't fit right.

Anyone?

mm201

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2013
After a quick google search, I get the impression that Virtualbox doesn't support hiDPI mode yet. (despite more than a year having passed since its introduction)

You could try SwitchResX to set 2880x1800 loDPI in OSX. Things will be very tiny but the guest should be able to use the full resolution and set its own hiDPI mode.

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
After a quick google search, I get the impression that Virtualbox doesn't support hiDPI mode yet. (despite more than a year having passed since its introduction)

You could try SwitchResX to set 2880x1800 loDPI in OSX. Things will be very tiny but the guest should be able to use the full resolution and set its own hiDPI mode.

Lame. I guess I may have to look into other VMs then because I'm not using switchresx for as little as I use VMs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.