Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is your MBA attracting more attention than your previous notebook?

• Total voters

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
That's exactly why I think so many people are going for the machine. It's so small and compact that you can take it anywhere, farther than you would normally take a larger laptop. Going downstairs to make coffee? Take the laptop. Eating? Take the laptop. Going to a friends to watch the game? Take the laptop. Going to grab a bite to eat? Take the laptop.

I do this with my MB; can't wait to start doing it with a MBP/MBA.
With that pattern of use (similar to mine!) if you haven't decided already, I'd strongly recommend the 11", it's utterly sensational for just 'throwing around'!

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
In fact it's bewildering how it's not yet caked in (any) food or drink!

bniu

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2010
Personally the only thing holding me back is the 4 hour or so battery life. I need something that's going to last all day.

what you want then is a 17" MacBook Pro! The behemoth actually sips power quite well and it can ramp up power when needed! :D

seriously, if you want good battery life, any of the pros will do and the 13" air will do as well, same 7 hour battery life across all current apple notebooks aside from the 11" air.

Young Spade

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
what you want then is a 17" MacBook Pro! The behemoth actually sips power quite well and it can ramp up power when needed! :D

seriously, if you want good battery life, any of the pros will do and the 13" air will do as well, same 7 hour battery life across all current apple notebooks aside from the 11" air.

Yea I know, that's why I'm aiming for the 13 inch MBP right now.... I would get something better but as a college student, I just don't have the funds for that :)

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Any thoughts on whether or not this still is the pinnacle in terms of aesthetics? It's closer now (eg S9 Sams), but I still think so!

AppleMacNerd

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2013
United Kingdom
I tend to get more attention in Starbucks now with my 13" MBA than my old 10" Samsung NC10.

This is usually because people look over and start laughing at the decal I have on it with a stickman holding up the apple then conversation sparks with how 'amusing' it is :cool:

beautifulcoder

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2013
The Republic of Texas
Yes, the 2013 MBA is a beautiful beast.

I think folks that scorn people for buying Macs for their beauty are simply jealous as they can't seem to be able to do the same. It's like buying diamonds, you get those people that laugh at others because they can't get themselves to pay that much for a rock, a beautiful rock. Meh, you can't fight bad taste.

That being said, I did wait until the MBA was capable enough for my needs. I could not say no to 12 hour battery and noiseless fan.

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Gone are the days when my family and friends would habitually huddle around my MBA on a cold autumn night, silently weeping at its beauty. These are common as dirt (good thing)! No more compliments for my lavish metal, it also complains I don't look at it in the same way, nip/tuck please good Tim :)

Suspended
Mar 15, 2013
I've had 11" and 13" MacBook Air and 15" retina MacBook Pro, no one said anything until I added the decal of Pikachu jumping towards the Apple logo.

From my experience and the people around here, they seem to ignore stuff unless I add something to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.