Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mujimuji

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
I have Word 2008 for Mac.

Often in a table that I have created (typically I have 5 columns, 3 rows), when I want to use the resize pointer to reduce the size of a row it doesn't allow me to. Of course, I also have tried simply putting the cursor into the row and hitting the delete button...but that too typically doesn't help. (Only sometimes can I reduce the size of a row by putting the cursor into the row and hitting the delte button...but typically I can successfully do this only in one of the columns, not in any or all of them.)

I have gone to "Table - Table Properties - Row" but have not been able to solve this problem by making small changes there.

So, my question is: How can I successfully and consistently reduce the size of a row by using the resize pointer?

PhilipTobias

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2007
Boulder, CO
Table Properties

You are on the right track. While in the Table Properties dialog box look for other table, row, column, or cell settings that are preventing you from making the desired changes.

...pt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.