Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Anyone here had any decrease in signal/reception strength when switching to the S4 GPe and running on AT&T?

I used to have 4/5 LTE bars in my home constantly on my iPhone 5 but now I only get 3 bars top (usually only get 1 or 2 bars indoors). I have switched to the correct LTE plan and got the appropriate SIM card, plus I have factory reset my phone but nothing has worked. Any help would be appreciated. I just hope that I don't have to return the phone. Thanks

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Anyone here had any decrease in signal/reception strength when switching to the S4 GPe and running on AT&T?

I used to have 4/5 LTE bars in my home constantly on my iPhone 5 but now I only get 3 bars top (usually only get 1 or 2 bars indoors). I have switched to the correct LTE plan and got the appropriate SIM card, plus I have factory reset my phone but nothing has worked. Any help would be appreciated. I just hope that I don't have to return the phone. Thanks

Judging your LTE signal by the 'bars' alone is utterly misleading thing to do.

How each OS judges signal strength is different, and can be misleading.

Have you run a speed test. If your getting the same speeds - regardless of what the 'bar' is saying - then you are likely getting exactly the same coverage.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.