Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newairowner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
Hello, all. What is the safe operational temperature range for the Macbook Air? Not so much with regard to the computer overheating itself, but with regard to where I am while I use it. Can I sit outside in 98 degree weather and use it for three hours? Can I sit outside in 55 degree weather and use it? Or are these temperatures already outside the temperature range to which it may safely be exposed? I would love any detail that anyone could provide about such an operational temperature range. Thanks!

Ichabod.

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2012
According to Apple's Technical Specifications page for the Air:http://www.apple.com/macbook-air/specs.html
Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-25° to 45° C)
Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet

So you might not want to stay out too long in the 98 F weather, but the 55 should be OK. Humidity is also a factor to consider.

Good luck with your new Mac!

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I can't imagine doing anything but sweating like a pig in 98F weather, much less be using a computer. Drinking beer, perhaps. Not use a computer. :D

nickandre21

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
more then apples specs for operating temperatures, i think i would not be using the laptop over 28c, if I did i guess i would be sweating all over the keyboard :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.