Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ramparts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
I've been using a tag editor called TriTag (http://www.feedface.com/projects/tritag.html) for years. It has all the functionality I want (even if it's a bit clunky), but it's getting impossible to use because it's just so buggy. Half the time if I try to edit a group of MP3 files, it will just return them all with blank tags.

So I'm looking for a new, better tag editor. Here's the one thing I need it to be able to do that I haven't found in the ones I've looked at so far: I need to be able to put the track number at the start of the title. So if I have a bunch of songs titled "First Song," "Second Song," and so forth, I need to be able to (in a few mouse clicks, say) give them the titles "01 - First Song," "02 - Second Song," etc.

Any help will be appreciated!

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Not sure what OS you use (I use OSX), but I use Tagr. Not sure it meets all your needs, but it works fine for m.

ramparts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
I'm on Mountain Lion, yeah. A year-old MBP Retina.

I tried Tagr but I couldn't figure out how to get the functionality I needed with it. It has a feature to put the track numbers in the file name, but I couldn't figure out how to put them in the track title. (Equivalently, if Tagr has a function to fill the track titles using the file names, that would work, but I couldn't find it.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.