Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbafan

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2013
wow the color profile work is super awesome !!! I'm using it with samsung LTH screen. please keep improving the color profile! look forward the next update!! now i can't use my mac without it!!

* after a little use i feel some area become a little too cool. if you can add a little warm to it just tiny bit more~! thanks a lot !! great work

** hmmm only happen on 30-40% brightness thou.

*** please look at this http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php the black level have gone mostly lol

The best so far attached, as well bit warmer, i guess i will stick with wd7 for some time now

with regard to black levels, it is pretty impossible to see those 20 boxes and make osx look nice in MBA :)

Attachments

• Color LCD Calibrated wd7.icc.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 698

mbafan

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2013
wd9, added more black levels without sacrificing much of colors against wd7,

so choose one u like, i like both of them :)

Attachments

• Color LCD Calibrated wd9.icc.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 730

willgreene99

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2010
DFW
thanks but which one do I use?

Well, I had to go through each one until I found one that 'I' liked. This is the subjective part and will require a little time for you to test which works best.

I ended up using the profile named - MBA 2012 Neutral.icc which is located in the archive - MBA13 LG 2012.zip

The others were good but I just liked this one the best. The one that is being circulated did have a good effect but the contrast was too high and the shadows were too dark for me.

bravenewmac

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
after getting a LG screen and a Sandisk SSD i just talked to apple and told them that iam not happy with the screen. So they now are going to send me another MBA and i can look at them side by side and see which ohne i would like to have. Thats the kind of service i love <3 :apple:

mbafan

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2013
LG guys this one is for u, did on MBA 2012 with LG screen

Attachments

• Color LCD Calibrated dm2.icc.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 712

mbafan

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2013
Im new to this, can someone show me how to get this profile implemented?

Thanks in advance

1) Open finder, press Go->Go To Folder on top of screen, type /, open Library->ColorSync->Profiles->Displays, paste you icc profile there (.icc file not .zip)

2) Press Apple button on top left corner of screen, System Preferences->Displays->Color, profile should be there

BruiserBear

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Just bought a 128gb 13 inch model from a Best Buy store. It seems I have a Samsung screen.

LSN133BT01A02

Last edited:

cramazing

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2012
1) Open finder, press Go->Go To Folder on top of screen, type /, open Library->ColorSync->Profiles->Displays, paste you icc profile there (.icc file not .zip)

2) Press Apple button on top left corner of screen, System Preferences->Displays->Color, profile should be there

no such folder found

edit* nevermind, i figured it out, thank you!

sheunghko

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2013
wd9, added more black levels without sacrificing much of colors against wd7,

so choose one u like, i like both of them :)

Great work ~!:p im staying with wd9. :apple::apple::apple::apple:

maybe improving the color accuracy on your next update ?XDDDDD or make a windows port for bootcamp? XDDD

well done and great work!

Last edited:

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
I just purchased a new MacBook Air, and while the thrill of a new laptop is awesome, I have a few q's.

I understand that the TN panel isn't as good as an IPS, but should I be seeing drastic colour shifts in the vertical range? Like when viewed from above whites are blue etc. Also even when viewing head on it seems like the very bottom half is a little washed out.

I've got an LG screen, and calibrated it to my likings (matches my iMac pretty well) but it just annoys me about the washing out effect near the dock. (I should add that the washed out effect diminishes the farther away from the screen I am, but makes text harder to read.)

If this is normal for these types of panels, then I'll be fine with it. It is my first laptop so I really haven't seen any others to compare.

Everything else seems to be working fine :)

*edit* Y'know what? I was using it on a desk, when I actually used it on my lap, the viewing angle and colours are fine. Who'd'a'thunk'it? ;) :D

Here's my colour profile for anyone who is interested:
View attachment Macbook Air.icc.zip

Last edited:

Taskman

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
Hooden
Well, I had to go through each one until I found one that 'I' liked. This is the subjective part and will require a little time for you to test which works best.

I ended up using the profile named - MBA 2012 Neutral.icc which is located in the archive - MBA13 LG 2012.zip

The others were good but I just liked this one the best. The one that is being circulated did have a good effect but the contrast was too high and the shadows were too dark for me.

I went through them all as well including Macrumors profile and compared.
I like Macrumors one but when it comes to a dark picture it makes certain areas completely black. In the end I picked the same as you 2012 Neutral as it didn't go towards blue or yellow to much and still had good colours with a small sacrifice on the black levels.

iMies

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2013
I've had a 13" MBA (2011) w/Samsung, a 13" MBA (2012) w/LG and now have a 11" MBA (2013) also w/LG.

After applying the Macrumors profile the screen on the new 11" MBA looks really good – IMHO best of the three I've personally owned. Great work!

AndyV

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2008
LG and happy

I have the 2013 MacBook Air 13" i7/8/512 with LG Display and Samsung SSD.
I'm using 20080216 profile from someone here in the forum. I remember switching to it first time. It was a revelation, colors and contrast looked exactly like on my old MacBook Pro late 2008. When I switch now back and forth between the original and the new profile I don't see so much difference. Anyway, happy with my new Air AND my LG display.

EngenZerO

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
Denver, CO
I must be one of the few... that love the LG display the way it is.

My first MBA 2013 13 had a Samsung display, but had a dead pixel and my replacement MBA 13 has a LG display.

In the opinion of my eyes, I could attest that the Samsung had more contrast and color saturation whereas the LG had a less contrast but to me more natural color saturation.

I prefer the later... it reminds more of the calibration settings I use for my tv... in my opinion the Samsung feels like stock out of the box tv configuration where as the LG feels like its been tamed via calibration (I remember I once copied the calibration settings I used for my tv taken from avsforums to my friends tv (same model), and he hated it as it washed everything out, LOL).

Out of the calibration settings posted for the LG screen... I also feel the 2012 Neutral was my preferred, but I still prefer the stock calibration over it. Maybe if I'm adventurous I will get a Spyder and calibrate it some time in the future.

But I agree with many other posts I've read on this subject: at the end of the day if your happy with what you see it's all that matters.

pdogg93

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2012
I got an 11" base with 8gb ram with an AOU display. I 'calibrated' it using the program built into mac with the color calibration webpage in the background
to get the white saturation and the black details and it turned out really well.

I compared it to a Samsung display in store and imo it looked better

cookies!

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
The best so far attached, as well bit warmer, i guess i will stick with wd7 for some time now

with regard to black levels, it is pretty impossible to see those 20 boxes and make osx look nice in MBA :)

this is quite good, thank you!

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS

WD7 looking great so far! Even better than WD6 and WD9!

Thanks a ton for your efforts...

sachin234000

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2012
India
Increase color with profile

Dear all,

Apple have already implemented color contrast feature in mac. Go to System preference->Accessibility->Display->Enhance contrast. No need for installing profiles.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-04 at 6.46.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-04 at 6.46.20 PM.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 239

sheramf

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2013
I haven't seen any samsung display of MBA's here in the Philippines, my MBA Haswell had a yellow tint and had it replaced.... they still replaced it with a LG display.

It seems most would prefer a Samsung display? i think Samsung display is more "limited"

MT0227

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
ColorMunki Profile - LG Display

Just picked up the new 11" base 2013 MBA a few days ago with an LG display. Here's my profile calibrated using ColorMunki Photo. All displays are different so YMMV. Enjoy!

Attachments

• MB Air ColorMunki LCD_D65.icc.zip
    20.7 KB · Views: 477
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.