Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyber735

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Hi,

I'm after receiving my 13"mba, couple of things..

I absolutely love it, at first I couldn't tell if it was an 11 inch or 13 inch, ..until I seen the sd card. I'm so glad I went for the 13 inch now, it's perfect for me!

However my trackpad works, but tap to click isn't enabled, how do I enable it without any way to click on things?

I managed to get through the setup, but I don't know how to click on anything else, because tabs doesn't do anything,

Thanks,

Cyber735

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Okay I managed to get into trackpad settings, how do I select tap to click??

----------

Okay Control + f2 gets me to the apple menu, from there I can use enter + arrow keys to get me to system preferences. Then I can type in trackpad, and see the trackpad settings, but I've got no idea how to actually click "tap to click" when I don't have a left click button!

enter doesn't work!

Cyber735

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
and now I'm hovering over tap to click, but still can't check the box, enter doesn't work, space doesn't work, 5 doesn't work, what do I do???

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
and now I'm hovering over tap to click, but still can't check the box, enter doesn't work, space doesn't work, 5 doesn't work, what do I do???

Do you know that the trackpad has a physical click mechanism? Just push down along the bottom edge of the trackpad as if there were a button there and it will 'click' down and register a mouse click.

I also prefer using tap-to-click but the physical click mechanism is the default way to do it.

Cyber735

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
You do know that the trackpad has a physical click mechanism, right? Just push down along the bottom edge of the trackpad as if there were a button there and it will 'click' down and register a mouse click.

I also prefer using tap-to-click but the physical click mechanism is the default way to do it.

You're joking......

I've spent over an hour trying to figure it out, I'm only after enabling full keyboard access (control + f7) so I can use tab to check boxes...

I know I'm a new to osx, but even still, what hope is there for me??

Thanks,

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
Don't worry, it took me a while to figure it out.

That is why I have the finger-tap-to-click enabled; physically pressing down on the seemingly flat trackpad is too weird for me.

wgnoyes

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
Don't worry, it took me a while to figure it out.

That is why I have the finger-tap-to-click enabled; physically pressing down on the seemingly flat trackpad is too weird for me.

No hell, I got used to a physical click on the trackpad, so much so that a tap-to-click pad on any other computer is weird to me now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.