Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gus Van Der Mee

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2013
I'm not going to say you're wrong, but that is pretty much how life works. I don't think my local electric company offers you anything, either, they can't.

Apple is getting my money either directly or from premium reseller. In most cases i have pay more than you living in US for the same product and they can't distribute that free content in the god damn app store?

Please no more jokes. It's already as funny as it gets.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Apple is getting my money either directly or from premium reseller. In most cases i have pay more than you living in US for the same product and they can't distribute that free content in the god damn app store?

Why are u so upset. It's just a free app.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I've always found the Apple Store app to be pretty hilarious.

''Hey Jon, thanks for blowing your life savings on a phone that we're going to indirectly call useless in 3 years time & drop all support for. In the mean time - why not spend your wife's life savings on some more of our stuff?''

I can hardly stop laughing!

Your humor is stellar, the laughs priceless :D

----------

I don't give a blueberry pancake about app, it's about principles.

More great humor, don't stop now :D

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado

''Hey Jon, thanks for blowing your life savings on a phone that we're going to indirectly call useless in 3 years time & drop all support for. In the mean time - why not spend your wife's life savings on some more of our stuff?''

{Yikes!}

Dude, I've got a bridge to sell you. :D

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
When I tap the green button, it goes to the app store but I get an error saying cannot connect to itunes store.

I'm on iOS 7 beta 4. Wonder if that's the problem.

Yep that is possible.

Also I'm fairly sure that I got Color Zen free from Starbucks. If they are going to say 'free just for app users' it might be if they were apps etc that had never been free before.

I've also heard rumor that most of the apps they are offering free to their employees ('exclusively') were at Starbucks just a few weeks before or out so long they were likely already bought. Lame

----------

Now is not the time for sense.

You mean like pointing out that it could be a simply matter of temporary server overload, not a tin foil move to deny non Americans their free game.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Apple store is only available in countries where Apple has *shocker* STORES. I'm currently not living in one of those countries.

Disrespectful.

It doesn't revolve around Apple either. I pay same money as everyone else and living in Europe even more in many cases.

This is disrespectful.

While it may be annoying, disrespectful is the wrong word. You could use your 'argument' against pretty much any situation.

Kelloggs sell their products worldwide and I've been buying their products in the UK for years. After going to the US, I tried Froot Loops and I found they were very nice. However, they are not available in the UK. But as I still buy other Kelloggs products and they are taking my hard earned money, they must be being disrespectful as they do not offer this particular product to residents in a certain country. That argument is exactly the same as yours, instead using a different company and product.

They have now actually introduced Froot Loops into the UK, but they aren't the same recipe. I guess they are being disrespectful to me by not offering me the same as the people living in the US.

:rolleyes:

garylapointe

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2006
Dearborn (Detroit), MI, USA
Kelloggs sell their products worldwide and I've been buying their products in the UK for years. After going to the US, I tried Froot Loops and I found they were very nice. However, they are not available in the UK. But as I still buy other Kelloggs products and they are taking my hard earned money, they must be being disrespectful as they do not offer this particular product to residents in a certain country. That argument is exactly the same as yours, instead using a different company and product.

:rolleyes:

Even in the US Kellogg's has different markets. Frosted Rice Krispies has always been a challenge to find. I don't think they make them any more but every so often I'd see they were out again but not available everywhere (or in every state). And I live in Michigan, which is the home of Kellogg's.

Don't even get me started on the McRib!

Gary

vmistery

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2010
UK
Works for me in the UK on iOS 6 Sorry for the huge photo, no idea how to make it smaller!

photo_zpsff815cae.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
If your life savings is a few hundred dollars Apple products might not be for you.

Considering the true cost of the phone, it's almost 2k (factor in carrier fees and service especially in the U.S), so it's a pretty reasonable statement. I wouldn't say life sayings but I would say it would set many people back.

thenameiszack

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2013
USA
This is disrespectful. Just because i live somewhere else i'm a lesser customer to Apple? Bad move.

Waaaahhhhh! Cry some more.

----------

Sounds like you have some major financial troubles if your life savings consists of only a handful of Benjamin's.

Battlefield Fan

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2008
It doesn't revolve around Apple either. I pay same money as everyone else and living in Europe even more in many cases.

This is disrespectful.

lol you're funny. Apple can do as they like within legal limit. They don't think your country is a worth while investment? Sucks but that's life. Go with some other tech company if you get this upset over something...

micropig

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2013
Apple store is only available in countries where Apple has *shocker* STORES. I'm currently not living in one of those countries.

Disrespectful.

Respect? This is a calculated incentive designed to increase downloads of the Apple store app and, ultimately, sell more products and increase profit. If you have no access to Apple stores, there is no reason to offer this incentive to you, no matter how easy it would be.

What you're calling "disrespectful" is essentially declining to bribe you to do something that you can't do anyway. They are not trying to do anyone favors here, just as you were probably not doing them a favor when you paid to import a product that you wanted.

PS. Perhaps you missed this (ostensibly) respectful offer:
https://www.macrumors.com/2013/07/08/several-top-apps-go-free-ahead-of-app-stores-fifth-anniversary/

NightFox

macrumors 68040
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
Error

We're sorry. This service is
momentarily unavailable. Please try
again later.

OK

----------

This is disrespectful. Just because i live somewhere else i'm a lesser customer to Apple? Bad move.

Yep, and come December when European and Canadian iOS users will get the 12 Days of Christmas freebies, customers in the U.S. get nothing. Doesn't mean Apple views any of us as "lesser customers". You win some, you lose some.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN

Mine wasn't a joke. You need to tone down the entitlement. There's lots of stuff that all sorts of people can or can't have access to. In every country.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.