Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Techkiddy reposts (via phoneArena.com) some photos originally shared by Sonny Dickson showing alleged parts for Apple's upcoming iPhone 5S. While most of the parts have been seen several times in the past, the new fairly high-quality photos provide a continuing look at the parts, which include the nano-SIM tray and speaker button, as well as flex cables for the home button, charger connector, WiFi component, and speaker.
iphone_5s_homebutton_flex.jpg
Home button flex cable
Perhaps most notably, the home button flex cable continues to show no signs of a fingerprint scanner. Evidence surfacing in the iOS 7 Beta 4 code earlier this week showed references to a tutorial instructing iPhone users how to use a fingerprint scanner, apparently located on the device's home button.

iphone_5s_frontcamera_flex.jpg
Front camera flex cable
The parts that we are happy to pass along to you are said to include the Apple iPhone 5S card holder, the charger connector flex for the device, the front camera flex, the Home button flex, speaker button, vibrator flex, Wi-Fi flex, On-Off flex cable and the Speaker flex.
One complication with part leaks this year is Apple's apparent plans to launch both an iPhone 5S and a new lower-cost plastic iPhone. Suppliers and other sources may in some cases be confusing which parts are from which device.

Earlier this year, French website Nowhereelse also posted photos of alleged iPhone 5S parts, including the home button, vibrator, and volume/mute flex cables, with no apparent evidence of a fingerprint scanner. The iPhone 5S is expected to launch sometime in the fall alongside the heavily rumored low-cost iPhone, potentially named the iPhone 5C.

Article Link: Alleged iPhone 5S Parts Surface Once Again, Still No Sign of Fingerprint Scanner

Bearxor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
According to the latest word we have, Apple will introduce the Apple iPhone 5C and the Apple iPhone 5S on September 28th with a launch on the 27th of the same month.

This doesn't make any sense to me.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
So they will release it the day before it's announced???

And I'm very confused about this fingerprint sensor... We keep hearing it's coming this year, but we've seen zero physical evidence it's going to be there.

If it ends up not leaking parts beforehand and makes it into the 5S it will be very impressive, at least I think it will be.

jfx94

macrumors regular
May 22, 2013
where ever I am at.
I'll be surprised if a fingerprint sensor ends up in the 5S. Not so much because it's there, but because they did such a good job of not leaking parts or giving any real evidence of its existence.

aloshka

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2009
So announce on the 28th but will launch on the 27th the same month.

So launch a day before announced?

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
I'm likely not getting a new iPhone until the 6 comes out so if there really is a fingerprint sensor I hope they have it in the iPad 5

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
So they will release it the day before it's announced???
Controlled leaks required too much effort, so they now give very gadget blog the opportunity to run with last minute leaks the day before the special event. :)

marty11

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
The fingerprint scanner is on the lock screen and will take the place of the 4 digit passkey.

tomguy

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
This doesn't make any sense to me.

Makes perfect sense to me. Going against every traditional ways of launching a product, Apple will silently display and sell the iPhone 5S in store without the customers knowing (since they both look the same). And then the day after, Apple will announce the 5S and indicating that all customers who bought it the day before has the 5S in their hands. Thus cutting down the long waits and drama of getting the iPhone 5S. Genius! :D

lars666

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2008
C'mon, Apple, give us the fingerprint sensor... They are all over my iDevice displays anyway!

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
MacRumors author screwed something up!

This is a quote from which MacRumors is quoting:
"The device is expected to be released on September 18"

So what the heck does MacRumors mean with 28/27?!

Topher227

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
According to the latest word we have, Apple will introduce the Apple iPhone 5C and the Apple iPhone 5S on September 28th with a launch on the 27th of the same month.

MacRumors = 88mph.

Attachments

• tumblr_m71t65PF231rued6fo1_500.gif
    tumblr_m71t65PF231rued6fo1_500.gif
    972.3 KB · Views: 173

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
The fingerprint scanner is on the lock screen and will take the place of the 4 digit passkey.

nothing will take the place of the passkey. if/when the scanner arrives it will be an option -- just as one can use a strong password instead of the PIN.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Has anyone said if the iPad 5 will have the fingerprint scanner too?

It's possible that the fingerprint scanner wasn't ready in time for the iPhone 5S and iPad 5, so it will be the next year's models that get it. Either that or Apple just got lucky that no one in China took a pic of that specific part...yet.

Of course that makes you wonder what Apple will use to primarily distinguish the 5S from the 5 (colors???).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.