Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zombiecakes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
What are some very bright lights that dont generate a ton of heat suitable for video? Im worried that some random LED light on amazon wont be remotely bright enough. I need to record LCD screens on a product so the lights need to be very bright so I can balance the LCD exposure with the studio lights while using a blue light filter.

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
don't buy some random led-lights - i've used a few (dedo, comer, lite-panel) - the best ones were the dedos - and i'm pretty sure they were also the most expensive ones.

maybe you should look for some flourescent light-systems like "kino flo"

boch82

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2008
don't buy some random led-lights - i've used a few (dedo, comer, lite-panel) - the best ones were the dedos - and i'm pretty sure they were also the most expensive ones.

maybe you should look for some flourescent light-systems like "kino flo"

i second kino's. great lights, i regularly use 2 4 bank diva lights toss a reflector or 300w kicker light behind my subject and get a great lit images.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
What are some very bright lights that dont generate a ton of heat suitable for video? Im worried that some random LED light on amazon wont be remotely bright enough. I need to record LCD screens on a product so the lights need to be very bright so I can balance the LCD exposure with the studio lights while using a blue light filter.

Try CFL lighting. It can be very bright and not hot. It is about 1//5th the cost of LED lighting.

This is informative:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DAqp3B1SCI

Basically it says to place the bulbs in the reflector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.