Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

al404

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Novara, Italy
i was looking for a, hopfully cheap, SDD case 2,5 with thunderbolt
the only one i found (that is not even cheap) is the LaCie eSATA Hub, for about 200€ without any disk.

I'm not sure if it can old only 1 disk or 2 and the maximum transfer speed, because i read some comments about speed but i think they are about esata connection not thunderbolt

g4cube

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2003
i was looking for a, hopfully cheap, SDD case 2,5 with thunderbolt
the only one i found (that is not even cheap) is the LaCie eSATA Hub, for about 200€ without any disk.

I'm not sure if it can old only 1 disk or 2 and the maximum transfer speed, because i read some comments about speed but i think they are about esata connection not thunderbolt

This is not a case. It is a Thunderbolt interface with 2 eSATA connectors. The eSATA connection is for other cases that have an eSATA interface.

There are many, many threads here about Thunderbolt cases and complete drives.

If price is a concern, check out the refurbs at macmall.com or even the lacie.com website, which has recently posted a few different refurb thunderbolt drives at their internet outlet shop in the US.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.