Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkdhanil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
Hello. I installed today IOS 7 Beta 3 on my iPhone 5 just to try it. So after i downgrade back to 6.1.4 i notice that the screen is flickering, not all of it. Its flickering in the borders not in the center. I have tried lots of restores using DFU mode but when it gets up it is still flickering. Before i try that it was normal so anyone has any ideas?

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
iPhone 5 Screen Flickering after iOS 7 downgrade

Hello. I installed today IOS 7 Beta 3 on my iPhone 5 just to try it. So after i downgrade back to 6.1.4 i notice that the screen is flickering, not all of it. Its flickering in the borders not in the center. I have tried lots of restores using DFU mode but when it gets up it is still flickering. Before i try that it was normal so anyone has any ideas?

Bring to the apple store. It might have a software glitch or loose connection in the hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Samitha Kalana

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2013
How To Solve the issue

Do not worry brother. It is not a hardware issue. You no need to bring your iPhone to Apple Store. Follow these steps and your problem will disappear. First of all download compatible iOS 7 Beta 3 & iOS 6.1.4 from internet. You can search on google. Save both files in desktop. Now Reset your iPhone by pressing Power key and Home button. Once reset, connect your iPhone with iTunes. Now click "Restore iPhone" button. Apple will restore your iPhone to it's factory settings. Once done, iTunes & iPhone both should start as a "New iPhone Device". Do not Restore Backups. OK, now go to iTunes, iPhone section and click "Shift" Key from your keyboard and left mouse click on "Check for Update" button. A windows will appear. Select and double click the downloaded iOS 7 Beta 3 file. iTunes will reinstall iOS 7 Beta 3 again. Do not Access anything in your computer while it's processing. Once iOS 7 Beta 3 is installed, phone will appear on iTunes. Alright.., Now again click "Shift" Key from the keyboard and left mouse click on iTunes "Restore iPhone" button. A windows will appear again. This time select the downloaded iOS 6.1.4 file and double click. iTunes will start restore your iPhone ti iOS 6.1.4. Once restored, Restore your Backups. Do not forget that you should restore the backup file which you had taken before the flickering problem occurred. Once backups restored, disconnect your iPhone safely and restart. Done... No Flickering.... :)

Please Note: This is a bug with iOS 7 Beta. Do not install Betas and test your iPhone. What you've already got is probably better than what you'll get. Apple is already has taken steps to locked down the devices which are not registered with UDID and installing its iOS 7 betas. Satisfy yourself with iOS 6. Still Steve Job's iOS 6 is the best. Good Luck...

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
I have same issue. Happened right after I downgraded to 6.1.4. If I am on 6.1.4. I did a DFU restore with 6.1.4 nit still have the flickering. how do I get rid of this flickering?

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
Yes. Multiple times. Had to restore as new in 6.1.4. That cured it. My backup is corrupted now.

basedgod

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2013
Based
Bring to the apple store might have a glitch or loose connection in the hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Anything with iOS 7 Beta and having issue they wont do much for you. Only offer the out of warranty repair for the device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.