Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psymandrake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2013
I have repaired quite a few home buttons on iPhones and I have never run across one like this:
iphone-4-cdma-home-button-flex-cable-1.jpg

EVERY site I have ordered a replacement from has sent me the wrong one even if the picture shows the one I need. This is the one I keep getting:

Cable_flexible_boton_home_iphone4.jpg

If anyone has a suggestion or source to get that part, I would appreciate the info. The phone is model A1332 EMC 380A. It is AT&T and I believe most AT&T iPhones are EMC 380B

anaqvi786

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2013
At iOS planet
I have repaired quite a few home buttons on iPhones and I have never run across one like this: Image

EVERY site I have ordered a replacement from has sent me the wrong one even if the picture shows the one I need. This is the one I keep getting:

If anyone has a suggestion or source to get that part, I would appreciate the info. The phone is model A1332 EMC 380A. It is AT&T and I believe most AT&T iPhones are EMC 380B
Did you try iFixit? And can't you just install that home button? The contacts look the same (I may be mistaken).

psymandrake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2013
Thanks for the reply. I have already tried many of the top suppliers I know of that sell Apple parts. If you look at the two pictures, the part that makes contact is on the opposite side.
16au0hv.jpg

anaqvi786

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2013
At iOS planet
Well in that case, I think that button would be for the 2013 model of the iPhone 4. Did you try ordering off of eBay?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.