Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YOO-NIX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
I want to export my Feedly feeds, yet when I go to export section I get this message. -see attachment- uploadfromtaptalk1375669930943.jpg

It wants me to copy and paste into "feedly. opml"...I fired up TextEditor in OS X mountain lion and it WILL NOT allow me to save it as a .opml file as though file extension is not supported...
Please help

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
Open the Terminal.app type in then hit enter key nano feedly.opml paste the required text into the open file then use the control and x keys at the same time answer yes to saving before exit and accept the file name, you should now have your file needed in most likely your root directory of your user ie. if your user name is asdf then the file will be located at /Users/asdf/feedly.opml.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I want to export my Feedly feeds, yet when I go to export section I get this message. -see attachment- View attachment 426622

It wants me to copy and paste into "feedly. opml"...I fired up TextEditor in OS X mountain lion and it WILL NOT allow me to save it as a .opml file as though file extension is not supported...
Please help

I just did it and it works.

Paste the text into a new Textedit document then hit command-s to save. You will get the dialogue box below. Uncheck the two boxes I have marked. Now type feedly.opml in the save box and click save.

Vdt7mz2.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.