Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MUrhino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2003
Anyone have ideas as to why Bootcamp won't create a partition on a Crucial M4 SSD? I'm running OS X v10.8.4 on a 2009 MB Pro (2.8Ghz Intel C2D), replaced the original HD after it failed with a 512GB Crucial M4 SSD and have OSX running on it with no other partitions. I don't like Parallels and would rather use Bootcamp to run Windows, but after running the bootcamp setup I get an error message (see attached pic). I can download drivers just fine, but it won't partition a space for Windows 7. Any ideas? I've got about 83GB available on the HD.

Attachments

• Partition error.png
    Partition error.png
    186.1 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:

LCPepper

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2013
United Kingdom
I've had this before

Normally, I just reboot in recovery mode, verify and then fix the HDD. Can throw things off now and again, if you're resizing partitions here and there. May as well fix your permissions whilst you're at it. Can't hurt. Ha.

I have a Crucial 256GB SSD, with even less free space than you, so I imagine that should do the job.

MUrhino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2003
Problem solved!

LCPepper,

Yep, that fixed it! It's amazing how much space is taken up from all of the security updates...I gave 30GB towards windows but after adding everything I need for work I only have 1GB left. May have to reformat to a larger capacity just so I can play Command and Conquer every now and then. :)

Thanks again for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.