Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has released a new iPhone ad called "FaceTime Every Day," the third in the popular people-oriented ad series the company launched earlier this year. The previous ads, "Music Every Day" and "Photos Every Day" highlighted the iPhone's Music and Camera apps.

As with the other ads in the series that focused on music and photos, FaceTime Every Day highlights Apple's FaceTime app. The spot features a number of people of all ages using FaceTime in various locations across the world.

Soft music plays as a group wishes a man happy birthday from afar, fireworks are shared across long distances, and a woman uses the app to communicate with sign language.

The advertisement ends with a familiar line: "Every day more people connect face to face on the iPhone than any other phone."

Article Link: Apple Releases New 'FaceTime Every Day' Ad

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
When my parents went to vacation on China, they were easily able to facetime with me with no problems. They're not the smartest when it comes to smartphones but without a hitch they were able to call me via Facetime. Honestly, it was probably the best thing ever invented so far. Easy to use like a phone call without setting up another account or whatnot

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
When my parents went to vacation on China, they were easily able to facetime with me with no problems. They're not the smartest when it comes to smartphones but without a hitch they were able to call me via Facetime. Honestly, it was probably the best thing ever invented so far. Easy to use like a phone call without setting up another account or whatnot

And this is one of the biggest reasons iphone is still successful. It's just such an accessible device and the experience is so consistent.

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
FaceTime is so super simple to use, and it acts just like a phone call-makes it so much easy for my parents back home to be able to video chat.
And works with iPad,iPhone and even Mac :D

No need to remember user ids and passwords separately for Skype or log-in, worry about setting up and filling a new profile etc. Love FT !

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
What a great ad! This ad actually resonates with me personally at this moment. I'm currently in Melbourne, Australia right now, and my wife is back home in the SF Bay Area. She was at her sister's moving away party yesterday, and I facetime'd her from my hotel room. It was actually a really personal experience that I am all the way across the world, but I could see a bit of the going away party, and my wife could see my views of Melbourne out the window. Of course I know this is possible w/ skype or other technologies, but the simplicity, ease of use, and quality of the facetime call was unparalleled.

driceman

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
And this is one of the biggest reasons iphone is still successful. It's just such an accessible device and the experience is so consistent.

Exactly. Most smartphones have basically the same features these days, but what makes iPhones stand out to me is that they're just straight-up easier to use. You can complain that they're not customizable enough until you're blue in the face, but ultimately, at least in my experience, they work. They do what you need them to do and do it quickly by cutting away all the clutter that can possibly be cut. I've used several Android phones and the main thing I noticed was that they're a lot like iPhones but with more clutter. More menus to navigate, essentially twice as many home screens (in the case of the Galaxy S phones, there's an app screen like iPhone's and an Android home screen on top of it for no reason), and a bunch of junk that makes it harder to navigate for your joe-average user. It's not that I CAN'T navigate Android, it's that I'd RATHER not have to navigate at all-which is how I feel using my iPhone. I've had multiple Android users come to me asking how to change a setting or something, and I'm able to do it for them. The thing is, I don't get iPhone users doing the same thing nearly as much, and I know a lot of iPhone users.

Not to be a fanboy... which this post definitely came off as... but I guess I'm on this site for a reason. :D

"It just works." :apple:

/fanboy soapbox

----------

Face time is kind of superfluous when you could just use skype.

If you don't mind using the king of dropped calls...

Probably shouldn't feed the trolls. :p

osaga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
The guy on steps kissing too fake, and that apartment too pretentious. Hi low? what accent is that. I sorta liked the dog, did he apologize great. Was there a time/budget constraint on this production? Could have been better.

FatLip

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2013
on da moon

very deceitful advert, you read it and its mind boggling, cant wait till these corrupted advertising techniques are outlawed one day

so whats new about facetme according to this advert, is it that old people can now be seen? wow, now more people young and old can be seen? weird

kis

Suspended
Aug 10, 2007
Switzerland

yeah, it's really a revelation. It's probably the best thing that was every invented - it's a so beautiful it makes me cry every time I look at it, as though it's been created by god himself. The form, the functionality, the totally immersive experience - it's like Leonardo DaVinci and Michelangelo double-re-incarnated into Steve Jobs to change the entire world for the better once more.

ps: Facetime sucks. Considering that fewer and fewer people actually use their phones to call, you can go figure how many use them for video-calls. And if I have to, I use Skype as that's what's on everyone else's phone.

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
I think these ads would be better without the voiceover at the end. Just show the Apple logo and end.

kis

Suspended
Aug 10, 2007
Switzerland
Exactly. Most smartphones have basically the same features these days, but what makes iPhones stand out to me is that they're just straight-up easier to use.

so you're saying WP8 is harder to use than an iPhone? :)

If you don't mind using the king of dropped calls...

I prefer the occasional dropped call over not being able to call anyone at all because literally nobody I know has an iPhone (or a Mac, for that matter).

----------

nokia is also jumping on the band wagon, it should be against the law to use another product in order to promote yours, crazy

it is in pretty much every country except the US. I found it very funny to see the brands bash each-other on TV and billboards all over the place when I recently visited Florida

Thares

Cancelled
Feb 25, 2011
I've to say that facetime really does a difference for me. Countless times I use facetime to just video call my girlfriend. My brother used it when he visited the US back last year. It is just easy. I really like it.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Face time is kind of superfluous when you could just use skype.

How true. Just last week I was talking to my Australian relatives on Skype.

"How's everything going?" I asked them.

"Everything's … glug … blig blog … glug glug", they replied. Then the call disconnected.

Seriously, if you think Skype holds a candle to FaceTime's quality/stability, you haven't been using it enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.