Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MercifulServant

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2013
new in call icons

screen-shot-2013-08-06-at-10-44-58-am.png

Last edited by a moderator:

johnseattle

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2013
BAPZONGO

god I hate the big bang theory.

Same here. I think it's like that movie the Hangover which wasn't funny either but for whatever reason everyone loved. I think that the BBT is about out of material so hopefully not much more of that mess.

Donz0r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2006
Zero benefit? Certainly not true. If an app is misbehaving, force quitting it can usually correct the problem. I'd call that 100% benefit for swiping them out of the multitasking bar so they work correctly.

Yes, good point, I was referring to closing ALL apps thinking that they are somehow running and affecting system resources. Apple designed their back grounding specifically so that you don't have to ever do this.

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
Noticing significant speed increases system wide on my iPhone 5. Animations load quicker and its not as bogged down, getting closer to GM! :D

heutusops

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2013
so, what are the new improvements. feeling excited!
too bad i dont have a developer account. iphone 5s, definitely my next phone!

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
White on white? Apple are you serious!

If this is the final product (as I expect it is) then it is such a terrible design choice. The same thing happens if you take a screenshot with a white background, look in the photos app, you can barely see the "outline" of the screenshot.

Looks horrible imo.

I do have to say that I briefly went back to iOS6 for a few days and I like iOS7 much more. Although, there are still sorely missing features and strange design decisions.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
OMG...let it go. We do not live in a perfect world where apps do what they're supposed to and stop using resources once they're closed. A rogue GPS can keep using location services even when it's not supposed to, DropBox may continue loading in the background after you 'close' it (yes, I know its limited to 10 minutes or whatever, but it will still go against your data plan).

That is the point. Just because you don't find that feature useful doesn't make it unwanted for others. It's like I could careless about Control Center but I get it benefits others.

But Control Center does not go against what Apple preaches. And they preach that Apps do not need closed. So providing a easy way to close 20 apps isn't happening.

You familiar with OS X? Know the little dot that tells you an app is open? Apple wants that dot gone because just like on iOS, in OS X they believe that Apps that are not "in use" are not important.

dewser35

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2008
Arlington, TX
OMG...let it go. We do not live in a perfect world where apps do what they're supposed to and stop using resources once they're closed. A rogue GPS can keep using location services even when it's not supposed to, DropBox may continue loading in the background after you 'close' it (yes, I know its limited to 10 minutes or whatever, but it will still go against your data plan).

That is the point. Just because you don't find that feature useful doesn't make it unwanted for others. It's like I could careless about Control Center but I get it benefits others.

For all those that could actually care LESS... please do. Your caring level is MUCH too high.

nevir

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2006
First, it probably takes 10 seconds or less to close 20 apps.

Second, why close 20 apps? What is the point.

Thirdly, most of those apps aren't even running. It just shows apps that were recently opened. There is no indication that they are running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.