Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SBC44

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Thomasville, GA
I've been using mine for about a day now. I really can't think of anything negative to say about this case at all, it is really well designed.

odJS7Hhl.jpg

CZcPyWtl.jpg

sxxUvODl.jpg

iVcuCNol.jpg

BSZTbMil.jpg

YWLOGJSl.jpg

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
I'm assuming the Apple logo cutout is unprotected like the OB commuter and not protected like the OB Defender, correct?

cole01

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
Not a fan of the logo cutout...sucks because otherwise it looks perfect. Might check out the new version of the slim armor.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I've been using mine for about a day now. I really can't think of anything negative to say about this case at all, it is really well designed.

Those pics look awsome! I currently have the SGP Slim Armor in slate and your pics show that the Tough Armor improves on the Slim Armor edition.

Definitely gonna be ordering one of these - Amazon UK already has them in stock here:

SGP Tough Armor

Also noticed from the above link that Amazon have naughtily compared the SGP Tough Armor to the Otterbox Defender case (scroll towards the bottom of the page). They have tried to blank out the branding on the Defender case however its still very noticeable that it is quite clearly an Otterbox Defender case....!!!

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
RL]

Also noticed from the above link that Amazon have naughtily compared the SGP Tough Armor to the Otterbox Defender case (scroll towards the bottom of the page). They have tried to blank out the branding on the Defender case however its still very noticeable that it is quite clearly an Otterbox Defender case....!!!

Just ordered one here in Australia not cheap though $39.95. I am using a OB defender so should be a bit classier.
Ordered a Spigen ultra crystal protector too, Not sure if it will last can never get them on right.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
how is the area near the dock connector?? is it the type that that would sag through time?? or is it pretty sturdy??

I've had mine for two days, and it seems there is a little sagging right out of the box. I hope it doesn't get worse over time. I've emailed Spigen about this so I'll see what they say.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
I've had mine for two days, and it seems there is a little sagging right out of the box. I hope it doesn't get worse over time. I've emailed Spigen about this so I'll see what they say.

I cut the bottom flap off my OB defender so i could use the 30 pin connector. Might have do the same with this one if it doesn't fit.

justinp3714

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2013
Just got mine today in metal slate! The color is off from the color of the black iPhone by 2% but it's hard to notice, so no worries.:D

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Damn, yet another reason why Spigen is my favorite case maker. I've had the Slim Armor on my phone since October and have recently been looking for a change. This just might be it.

Spigen cases for Galaxy phones are even better. They are full coverage on the back.

Unfortunately their iPhone case has that giant hole to accommodate the egos of those who are so vain they must be sure that others see them with their cool phone...

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
I just received my case and there are no negative things that I can say about this. Probably one of my favorite cases so far.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
I just received my case and there are no negative things that I can say about t
his. Probably one of my favorite cases so far.

Agree, just got mine today too.
Perfect fit, easy to get phone out.
Fits a Griffin car charger.
Buttons are easy, silent switch easy to get at.
Front lip is a perfect size.

Great case if you are looking for something stylish with protection and not bulky like my OB defender.

----------

Spigen cases for Galaxy phones are even better. They are full coverage on the back.

Unfortunately their iPhone case has that giant hole to accommodate the egos of those who are so vain they must be sure that others see them with their cool phone...

Why would you need to put a case on a piece of plastic:rolleyes:

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England

I've just taken delivery of a Tough Armour case and just so you know i have no ego, i'm not vain or do i wish for others to see my "cool phone" i just want decent protection which i hope this will give.

Have a nice day!

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I have bought stacks of cases. Getting silly now my collection.

Spigen Linear Ex Neo, Outfit S5 Series, Spigen Blitz, Spigen Slim Armour, Caze Thin Edge and a couple more.

Out of them all... the Tough Armour is the best.

Feels great in the hand, fits in good, nice finish and the back has a nice sheen rubber texture to it so it shouldn't scratch (unlike the Slim Armour)

Just a superb case all around.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
has anyone seen the smooth black and the metal slate in person? i can't tell which one i like better...

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
has anyone seen the smooth black and the metal slate in person? i can't tell which one i like better...

I've got the black one, think it looks great. Nice jet black.

Like stealth fighter black. The difference to the phone back makes the logo actually look awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.