Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

txjeep

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2009
I searched first. Didn't find anything. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I upgraded to Lion (10.7.3) as required to convert MobileMe to iCloud :mad: . Now I have a strange issue (among others). I have some message rules setup to fwd emails with attachments to some people and now the email goes, but the attachment does not. If I send manually, the email and attachment go just fine. It has to do with the ones sent by rules.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix? I found some chatter on the web about this, but no solutions.

Thanks for any help.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
I guess it's a known problem Apple hasn't seen fit to fix in Mail (not Lion or iCloud per se).

To get around it use the "redirect" command instead. It is different from forward, and you need to check the headers, etc to see if they meet your needs. I use a redirect with a copy to a particular folder. Problem is that some sites will junk filter redirects...bummer.

Rob

adamnohejl

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2013
Hello,

I am the developer of Attachment Tamer (a Mail plug-in). It seems that I am late to the party, but as quite a few users have contacted me about this problem in OS X Lion and Mountain Lion, I have added a new option to Attachment Tamer to fix forwarding via rules.

With this option on, complete messages are forwarded, exactly preserving attachments and formatting. You can also choose whether to forward the messages as an emebedded/inline message or as an attachment. (Both ways you get a normal forwarded messages, not a redirected messages, which often trigger spam filters as Rob has mentioned.)

attachment-tamer-forward-complete-messages-with-attachments.png

Attachment Tamer has plenty of other great features that solve common attachment issues in Apple Mail. The plug-in is free to try and a license costs $14.99. I hope you find the reply helpful and I do not offend anyone by "advertising" my product here. (According to the forum rules, this should be alright as long as I have vendor information in my profile and my reply is relevant.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.